Phantom Menace announced

Tools    

Finally, at least one Star Wars flick has made it to DVD. Fox/Lucasfilm announced the full specs for Phantom. Here's the press release, in part.

"On October 16, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will begin the worldwide release of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace on DVD. The highly anticipated arrival of Episode I marks the first film of the Star Wars saga to debut on DVD.

Enthusiastic fans of the film will be rewarded for their patience. Clocking in at about 480 minutes in length, it features over six hours of additional bonus material, including brand new visual effects sequences executed just for the DVD release.

Here's what the two-disc set will feature:

The Phantom Menace, mastered by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Anamorphic Widescreen and Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English), Dolby 2.0 Surround (English and Spanish), and Dolby 2.0 Surround (French, for Canadian release)

Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Co-Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Scott Squires, John Knoll and Dennis Muren; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film

Seven never-before-seen deleted scenes with full visual effects completed just for the DVD release

"The Beginning" -- an all-new hour-long documentary culled from over 600 hours of footage offering unprecedented access inside Lucasfilm and ILM during the making of Episode I

Multi-angle storyboard to animatic to finished film feature, that lets you flip through the various phases of development of key action sequences

Five behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring The Phantom Menace's storyline, designs, costumes, visual effects and fight scenes

The popular "Duel of the Fates" music video that debuted in 1999

All 12 parts of the Lynne's Diaries, the web documentaries that first appeared at starwars.com

Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign, and never-before-scene production photos

Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus seven TV spots including the "tone poems"

That's it and that's alot. Retail price is $29.95.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

I pre-ordered The Phantom Menace a while back and can't wait to receive it. When I lived in NY about 2 yrs ago, my friend worked for our local radio station and we got to see TPM before the public had a chance to. We loved it. I laughed later on that day, hearin the news, naturally like all the other times when Lucas releases films, lines were formed around theaters everywhere. Boy I was lucky.

I know Lucas won't put SW IV,V, and VI on DVD till after all films are released but I am in luck in a way. I own each one on VCD which can be played in my DVD player. It doesn't have extra features or isn't in widescreen but is well worth having until then.

I can't wait till Episode Two comes out in 2002. I am really looking forward to it. I will be the first one on line. As someone who works in a major movie theater chain, I get to see movies for free therefore I can get tickets with no worries.

" MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU"

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
You know, you're braggin is really startin to piss me off!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by spdrcr
You know, you're braggin is really startin to piss me off!
Hey, be nice. Let people brag, or share their experiences. You might have been joking, but I can't tell. Play nice.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
I think that's what the announcer in Westworld (1973) said.

There's a blink and you'll miss it easter egg in the Westworld TV show where in one of the scenes showing stored androids we see a rather blurry pan across a very distinctive figure of the*Yul Brynner coyboy in black from the original Westworld.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.