Shaun of the Dead

Tools    

Here's the new trailer for Shaun of the Dead.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

THANKS! That looks great!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

And this is my BOOMstick!
Oh man, that looks so cool!!!

almost all zombie movies go one way/style, which is uptight and serious with the occasional laugh. This will be intresting to see since its taking the zombie genre into a new direction.

For those of you who dont know, this is loosly based on an episode of spaced, a very funny show on british tv.
The main charecter in shaun of the dead played a comic artist in spaced(and also co wrote it).
And one of the episopes hes playing resident evil, and threwout hes seeing zombies and quoting from the game.
So i cant wait to see this film.

there's a frog in my snake oil
It's also loosely based on a pub in my bit of london, where Pegg and some of the others drink. I remember them slinging the Bill on the TV once when he had a bit part in it, before his career got up and running with Spaced.

Ah well, good luck to him. I think his style of comedy should work well in the Zombie format. The central joke is apparently that they're still dealing with their standard preoccupations amongst the carnage - i.e. girlfriends, going to the pub, etc.

I've heard mixed reviews, but it should be fun.

Looks amazing. Makes you wonder why no one has ever thought of that!

Cheers, Martin

Shaun is a film I'm keen to see. It's meant to be heavy on British Humour.

I watched an interview of Pegg on the Johnathan Ross show last Friday on British television and caught a few clips of Shaun for good measure. Pegg has a great sense of humour and by those clips I'm sure Shaun would be a riot. (currently waiting for the link to download)

I am ashamed to admit though that I barely watched any of the Spaced episodes, I'll try and catch it whenever it is on again just to see what I missed.

Looks nice.

http://www.uip.nl/shaunofthedead-trailer.html

zombie movie wit a touch of comedy

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
The best movie of the year so far in my opinion... Spidey 2 might top it though.

Anyone got any ideas when Shaun will hit dvd?

"if i had the words i would say... HOLY CRAP!!"

You ain't leadin nothin but two things right now... jack and sh*t... and jack left town"

Originally Posted by Spider-Freak
The best movie of the year so far in my opinion... Spidey 2 might top it though.

Anyone got any ideas when Shaun will hit dvd?
Id imagine a region 2 release around halloween, sounds reasonable and probable, im not sure whether the Dawn remake was better both quite even

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
Originally posted by Pyro Tramp
Id imagine a region 2 release around halloween, sounds reasonable and probable, im not sure whether the Dawn remake was better both quite even
Halloween, that sounds like a long time, i mean I already bought Big Fish which i'm pretty sure was out around the same time. Dawn 04 was pretty good but not great... would still enjoy a remake of Day of the Dead which i heard a rumour of.

Lets put a smile on that block
Has Shaun of the Dead not been released in the States yet then? Thats quite weird, its been out over here for months, then again probably coz its a British flick.

You folks will love it. Its strange humour but im sure you'll enjoy it. Some of the humour is very Office-like, theres even a few cameos from some of The Office stars.

This was the first film i reviewed here on MOFO, Check it out HERE.