Gangs of New York

Tools    

Now, I know nothing about this flick (don't want to know anything-I prefer to see movies that way), other than it's directed by Martin Scorsese and Leo's in it. But I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that it will be nominated for best picture and best director. Scorsese's never won, the Academy feels like they owe him, and since this is apparently his biggest project to date, they'll go for it. I can't bloody wait for it. Scorsese's never made a bad flick, or at least an unenjoyable one.

Your thoughts?

P.s....if you know anything about the story, please put a spoiler alert thing, so it doesn't get ruined for me

I dont know nothin about this movie neither. Is there a buzz? I saw apic in Empire & it was just this bunch of guys in coats & top hats. It doesnt look exciting. Cant Scorsesee do a movie without gangsters? I also heard Daniel day Lewis came out of actors retirement home to make this thing.

I'm looking forward to this. I'm not sure why. If Leo doesn't play a character reminiscent of Fredo, I'm going to throw a tantrum of some sort. Then again, perhaps DiCaprio will show us that he really can act -- it'd shock me, but it is a possibility.

I was reading about Scorsese in Entertainment Weekly. He was talking about how movies should be shown in wide screen the way that the director intended it. I think that he is correct because by formating or editing the movie it takes away part of the directors work. He was most disappointed when 2001 was shown on TV and it was edited. I have to give him props on that because 2001 not in wide screen is a crime against all that is good and pure in this world.

Leo can act! What's Eating Gilbert Grape-come on! that's great stuff!

its been delayed again, from july 12 to forth quarter 2002, doesnt that suck! how scorcese? how long!!!!
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Doesn't he play a retard in that movie? Doesn't sound like any acting was necessary.
To portray a retarded individual is actually quite a challenging, if you are to do it correctly, which he did. The problem for Leo is that after Titanic, well...

...he was decent before that.