Shallow

Tools    

Today I took the plunge and sat through the 3 hour and 13 minute "Pearl Harbor" that was directed by Michael Bay. Actually, I took a cigarette break when my butt got tired around two hours into the movie.

I wasn't disappointed with the computer generated graphics of the surprise attack by the Japanese on Pearl Harbor, but I must say that the "love story" was a little corny, and very, very proper. With all of the money lavished on this production, a better screen play could have been created that was worthy of the tragic disaster of the American entry into World War II. My money goes to "From Here to Eternity". Much better story, a great director, and a great cast.

What's wrong with Hollywood?

They should remake "From Here to Eternity" to make it more faithful to the book which was excellent--although the original movie itself was good--on its own. If we were talking about Pearl Harbor movies--I prefer TORA TORA TORA

I still haven't seen Pearl Harbor, I refuse to pay money to see it in the theater. I know that my actions really are of no significance, but I just feel that if people keep paying to see crap then Hollywood will continue to put crap out into the market. No offence to anyone that went to see it of course, just my feelings on the matter.

For the record, Tora, Tora, Tora was an excellent movie and would be hard for any movie to top, especially one that tries to add a corny love story.