Rough Guide To Buddy Movies, help

Tools    

After recently watching Bad Boys 2 and Lethal Weapon i remembered a whole craze of 'buddy' movies that were released in recent years (Rush Hour etc.) Does any one know what the first 'buddy' movie was and (in their opinion) the best one is?

I don't know what the first one is, but my favorite is probably Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Photographer
Well, segments in Pulp Fiction involving Jules/Vincent definitely qualify as buddy movie-esque. Good stuff. I also liked:

Shanghai Noon/Shanghai Knights
The Emperor's New Groove
Finding Nemo
Lethal Weapon

I have Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid in my possession, but haven't yet watched it.

Goose promised to stop messing around. But hoods don't stop, they take a break.

Butch Cassidy, thanx, thats the oldest buddy movie that i can think of so far. Does any1 no any other recent buddy movies (generally action/cop)

Midnight Cowboy

Nice thread.

Now can I start a famous pairs thread? Being that I am new I don't know if it exists but if it does it can be nixed.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Midnight Cowboy

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Midnight Cowboy? Never heard of it.....care to tell more?
NEVER HEARD OF IT??????? LOL

It stars fairly young Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman.
It was a film about a southern boy (voight) who decides to venture to NYC to only become a male prostitute and befriends a two-bit street con man. (Hoffman).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064665/#comment

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I guess you beat me to it dear!

Originally Posted by piddzillas_girl
NEVER HEARD OF IT??????? LOL

It stars fairly young Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman.
It was a film about a southern boy (voight) who decides to venture to NYC to only become a male prostitute and befriends a two-bit street con man. (Hoffman).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064665/#comment

Male postitutes, hmmmm. Sounds gnarly, not my kinda film. Wots the 'buddies'?

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Male postitutes, hmmmm. Sounds gnarly, not my kinda film. Wots the 'buddies'?
You would never know unless you view. They grew to be buddies.

P.S. Any relation to Sir toose?