Real movie turn into cartoon

Tools    

Hi Movie Forum experts,

I don't remember much about this kids movie(I think it is), but I hope you can help me anyway.

The movie starts out with real persons and the main character is a poor boy. Then he either fall or is pushed into a lake or the sea.
While he struggle under water the movie turn into a cartoon. From then on he can breath under water and get himself into some kind of adventure where he talk to fishes(I think, since I mostly recall the start and the part where it goes from live action to cartoon). I do think it goes back to live action in the end of the movie. I'm not sure, but I think it's from the 80s.

Hope that's enough to find the title of this movie.

Thanks in advance.

Jesper K. (Denmark)

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

That looks like it. I can see that my memory was a bit of in two things. 1 - it's longer into the movie where he turn into cartoon than I remember. 2 - I remembered that the cartoon was a bit more realistic, but my memory must have refined that part over time.