Collector comics + car, TFTC?

Tools    

Hey,
I was thinking of a movie from years ago (or maybe it was a series in the style of "Tales from the Crypt"), where the main character is first shown as a kid, where (at the urging of a dwarf?) he collects comics and money, his parents are convinced that for school, it turns out that for a car. Years later they show him as an old man who, being homeless, sells his collection of comics and a vintage car, after which he becomes very rich.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hey,
I was thinking of a movie from years ago (or maybe it was a series in the style of "Tales from the Crypt"), where the main character is first shown as a kid, where (at the urging of a dwarf?) he collects comics and money, his parents are convinced that for school, it turns out that for a car. Years later they show him as an old man who, being homeless, sells his collection of comics and a vintage car, after which he becomes very rich.

I think this might be an episode of "Amazing Stories" starring Mark Hamill. It's called "Gather Ye Acorns".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511094/reference/

A system of cells interlinked
Goodies is right - it's that episode of Amazing Stories, for sure.

Marked as answered!