If You Speak More Than Language, What Do You Attribute It To?

Tools    

I learned two languages at school in England: Latin & French. Everyone thought I would be a linguist, but I knew that wasn’t gonna happen.

Nobody to speak French with so forgotten a ton of it. Spanish would have been so much more useful to me since I live in a Spanish-speaking American city.

Would love it if the Roman Catholic mass was still in Latin, but it will never be that way again.

Duplicate Account (locked)
I've honestly always had an interest in spanish, since i was a child. My dad taught me a little, but it of course wasn't enough to actually speak it. I took a couple high school and college courses, and then i had an opportunity to volunteer in spain and i decided that i was going to try to also learn spanish over there. It was pretty exhausting and the volunteer program sucked, but i ended up speaking spanish. I also spent over half a year in other spanish language countries which helped.

People tell me "i'm good at learning languages", but i'm skeptical of that alone and i think practically anyone could do this if they put forth the effort required...a lot of the problem with people who travel to foreign countries is they either go with their friends or just default to english. Now adays, you can learn a foreign language from your home with a decent internet connection.