Does anyone here actually like nu metal?

Tools    

Asking because I'm becoming a Korn fan. Gonna go through some other nu metal bands while working on my writing. I need to be in an edgy mood to properly focus on it.

Gonna cite Issues as my current favorite Korn album out of the seven I've heard.

I used to listen to Nu Metal a ton back in the early 2000's (like Slipknot, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, etc.), but even then I wasn't a huge fan of Korn, which you can read more about here if you're interested: https://globaldominationisdead.wordp...of-metal-1994/

Used to listen to Korn back in the day. I have Follow the Leader in my collection - "Live & Rare" and one DVD from the See You on the Other Side tour too. I was a big fan of Slipknot! Used to buy all their releases. But honestly I'm not a Nu Metal guy anymore.

I would say yes. I listened to it quite a bit in the 2000s, but I find myself still going back to some bands and songs from time to time.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I did and I'm ashamed to this day. I was young and stupid. Thankfully, I grew out of it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

No. I only listen to tr00 church-burning and self-mutilating black metal.

Seriously, though, most of it is too rappy for me. The Disturbed (I think) songs on the Queen of the Damned soundtrack are good, but they're pretty much full goth anyway.

A system of cells interlinked
No. I only listen to tr00 church-burning and self-mutilating black metal.

Seriously, though, most of it is too rappy for me. The Disturbed (I think) songs on the Queen of the Damned soundtrack are good, but they're pretty much full goth anyway.
Trve Kvlt!

You ready? You look ready.
I grew up on nu metal. Explains a lot don’t it?

Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water was one of the first CDs I ever owned. I might be biased because I’m a nostalgic, but that album is in my top five.

Zero shame

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I’ll put the first Korn album against anything. Blind, Chutes and Ladders and F____ . After that, . We saying RATM is numetal? People will diss the genre, but hold RATM outside of it, when it clearly is.

Big fan of church-burning Black Metal here!
I'm not a huge fan of raw-sounding Black Metal (which unfortunately, is a lot of that genre), but I do like the more polished/melodic side of BM, like 90's Dissection:

\ m /
I’ll put the first Korn album against anything. Blind, Chutes and Ladders and F____ . After that, . We saying RATM is numetal? People will diss the genre, but hold RATM outside of it, when it clearly is.
Oh yeah, Rage was definitely an Alt/Rap Metal precursor to Nu Metal, rather than being straight up Nu, sort of like how Venom was more of an influence on modern Black Metal instead of being full-on BM themselves, you know?

/metalnerd

I'm not a huge fan of raw-sounding Black Metal (which unfortunately, is a lot of that genre), but I do like the more polished/melodic side of BM, like 90's Dissection:

Dissection counts as kvlt, though, as the founder was involved in murder and later killed himself. That's a good album, too.

\ m /Oh yeah, Rage was definitely an Alt/Rap Metal precursor to Nu Metal, rather than being straight up Nu, sort of like how Venom was more of an influence on modern Black Metal instead of being full-on BM themselves, you know?

/metalnerd
**** yes, Dissection.

Believe it or not, my seriousness into nu metal is very recent. I'm of the opinion that a genre is best understood by the fans of it, so a big name genre with a lot of albums should have at least one perfect album based on its own standards. And I'm always looking for a perfect album.

Having said that, most of my nu metal experience is limited to only a few key essentials. Korn, Disturbed, Static-X, and it doesn't help that regular alt-metal and nu metal often get intertwined so real nu metal recommendations require some effort to find. With the rising opinion that SOAD weren't nu metal because they didn't have enough of the funk and electronic present in the nu metal sound Korn invented, it begs that question, especially considering that SOAD were far too comedic to "feel" as unnecessarily edgy, like they were a meta or parody band.

Listening to this now.

I call it, "Thunderdome-core."

I hate being an absolutist with disdain for entire genres, but no, I don't listen to any nu-metal.

I don't hate Korn is about as big a compliment I can give to this particular musical niche.