Looking for this Horror Movie from the 2000s

Tools    

The movie is "Cold Creek Manor". Thanks "ynwtf" for finding it!

Hi! I've been looking for this movie for almost 10 years, yet I can't seem to ever remember its name. Thankfully, I remember quite a lot of scenes from when I watched it for the first time.

Some chronological information:
  • I remember watching this movie on TV between 2010-2012 (maybe up to 2014, but it doesn't feel too correct)
  • I'm from Spain, but the movie wasn't Spanish. It was most likely American and had probably been some time out, since they don't air films that are too "new". However, I don't recall the quality of the movie being too bad/old, if that means anything.
  • I remember watching it once, then seeing it on TV years after that, but silly me didn't bother to write down the name. This happened AT LEAST 2-3 years ago.

Basic information about the film:
  • It's a horror movie.
  • It's about a family: a father, mother, older sister and younger brother. I don't remember any more children. The younger brother was younger than 12-13 but older than 5, and the older sister was younger than 18 and older than 14-15 I'd say.
  • The plot is them moving into a "hunted" house. I remember quite clearly them finding information about the previous family and how each of the members died as the story progressed.
  • The house was quite big, had a pebble driveway, *maybe* an attic and a well or some kind of hole nearby. It was also near a forest or something.

And now, the scenes I remember about the movie. These are really vivid memories I have:
  • In the beginning of the movie where the family is just moving in. They get there with their gray/silver family car, and the camera zooms into the wheels of the car as it goes over some braces or something of that style.
  • The boy finds a yellow book/diary/notebook/whatever in the attic (most likely) that (I THINK) belonged to the previous little boy that lived in the house. Then either the sister or the mom sees the boy with the book and questions him about it.
  • As she walks in the garden/goes a bit into the "forest", either the mom or the sister finds the "well". She looks into it and *I think* she has some kind of vision or weird flashback of the previous mom pushing/throwing her daughter in.
  • During/before the previous scene, the ambience is already kind of "dark". I believe it is because they started figuring out something or what went on in their new house. At one point (maybe after the boy finds the book) they go to the town and ask in a bar or something about the house. I think I remember them talking someone. They talked about their house by saying the address (the interaction might've gone like this: 'we live in X' and then the person says 'oh...' in a sus way, and then they ask if something had happened. The person then tells them about it)
  • Last thing I remember is about the end of the movie. The man is holding SOMETHING (maybe an axe, but I'm not sure) while following the woman. They end up in the roof (I distinctly remember the man going through a window to get out), it's raining and he is acting crazy. I don't remember the dialogue at all, so sorry about that. I don't remember him killing the woman tho, and I don't remember what else happened with the children either.

I hope this information rings a bell!!! Again, some of it might be wrong, but that's what I remember. I've been looking for this movie for the longest time, and I kinda hate myself for not having saved the name when I had the chance. I don't know how to look for movies, so that's why I came here.

Oh! And sorry for any mistakes I may have made.

Thank you in advance for any kind of clue you might have!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Try Sinister (2012)
If that's not it, you might Google the phrase, "movies like Sinister." to see what other, similar, movies might pop up.

Hi! I've been looking for this movie for almost 10 years, yet I can't seem to ever remember its name. Thankfully, I remember quite a lot of scenes from when I watched it for the first time.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

And for SOME reason, Cold Creek Manor comes to mind but I don't think you mentioned a horse

A system of cells interlinked
Some of the scenes align with the remake of Amityville Horror with Ryan Reynolds and Melissa George, but other scenes do not. That film came out around 2005 or so if I recall.

The trick is not minding
Sinister was the first movie to at came to my mind as well, buts it’s been awhile since I’ve seen it to know of it all fits your descriptions or not

And for SOME reason, Cold Creek Manor comes to mind but I don't think you mentioned a horse
OMGGG I'M ACTUALLY CRYING!! That's the movie!! I swear my heart skipped a beat as I watched the trailer and skimmed through the movie! My memories were half wrong though hahaha

Thanks you so so so so much!!!! Honestly idk how to thank you enough!!!!!

OMGGG I'M ACTUALLY CRYING!! That's the movie!! I swear my heart skipped a beat as I watched the trailer and skimmed through the movie! My memories were half wrong though hahaha

Thanks you so so so so much!!!! Honestly idk how to thank you enough!!!!!
wait. it was COLD CREEK MANOR?!

Cool stuff. Thanks for coming back to confirm Now you just need a proper avatar, a top 10 list on your profile, and a few years filling the Shoutbox on the home page.

wait. it was COLD CREEK MANOR?!

Cool stuff. Thanks for coming back to confirm Now you just need a proper avatar, a top 10 list on your profile, and a few years filling the Shoutbox on the home page.

Yes definitely haha!! Thanks again!