Movies about rejection, misunderstanding, failure to adapt?

Tools    

"That may be, but I've got the Falcon."
Hey, everyone. I am looking for movies that you would recommend whose themes deal with rejection, misunderstanding between characters, or a protagonist's failure/struggle to adapt or assimilate or relate to the outside world. Old, new, doesn't matter. Female, or male is fine. Even an antagonist's struggle, or a dynamic tension between good guy/bad guy. I look forward to hearing everyone chime in! If it's a movie we've both seen, I'll kick a few comments back at you about it. Movies = fun to chat about.

Ghost World from 2001 is a good place to start. I don't want to spoil it too much, but it has both younger and older perspectives of what you are looking for. It's also very funny at times.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Does Parasite (2019), or Witness (1985) count?

The trick is not minding
Brokeback Mountain I think fits the bill.
Ennis Del Mar (Heath ledger in a heartbreaking role) never is able to accept his relationship with Jack Swift or come to terms with it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The Phantom of the Opera (2004). Christine rejects the Phantom.

Lars and the Real Girl (2007) - Lars struggles to relate to the outside world.

Christine (2016). The protagonist feels misunderstood throughout and that leads to the climax.
Nancy (2018)
The Chameleon (2009)
I’d say the film that really fits the bill is Red, White & Blue (2010).
Let’s Talk About Kevin (2011)
Another absolute must is May (2002).

King of Comedy
Marriage Story
Secret & Lies
Jagten

Comes to mind.

Christine (2016). The protagonist feels misunderstood throughout and that leads to the climax.
One of the first things I thought of as well.

I'd also throw Clean, Shaven into the mix. Maybe it's a bit different because the main character suffers from mental illness. But I think that the film excellently portrays the gap between what he is experiencing as his reality and what "regular" people see.