These may not be horror movies per se but they all certainly have a slight touch of it. Or at least involve murder or just Halloween in general.

Crimson Peak
You know when its Guillermo Del Toro that its gonna be a good movie. Arguably his worst movie is the one that won him the Oscar in The Shape of Water, no way in ****ing hell that is better then Get Out. Anyways in this movie he does a good job of blending the creepiness of the ghosts in with the romance. The ghosts are very limited here and they are mainly just used to spice up this romance movie. What makes this movie good though is the acting. Jessica Chastain is great as the super creepy, jealous, and pretty ****ing crazy sister/lover role. Tom Hiddleston is the star of the movie. He is absolutely incredible here. He is charming but at the same super shady and creepy. His warmth is in direct contrast to the coldness of his sister/lover. That’s right folks this is a incest love story. Mia Wasikowska was also good here. The only actor that didn’t shine here and struggled was Charlie Hunnam. His American accent here felt more forced then anything. The acting was the driving force behind this really good movie. 8/10

The Postcard Killings
This movie wont blow you away or anything but its still pretty solid. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is basically the only reason this movie is any good. His acting is outstanding, he just has some sort aura of intimidation and seriousness that carries him in any role. Its what made him perfect in both the Walking Dead and Supernatural. There is one scene though where he has to cry, which is truly terrible, and it kinda of ruins the movie. The twist revelation that the killers arent just lovers but that they are indeed brother and sister. Wham bam back to back movies involving incest. Apparently once incest is committed you automatically become killers. The characters don’t act shocked or disgusted at all by the revelation. They treat it like everyone is hanging around ****ing their siblings. Crimson Peak at least has a level of disgust and shock behind the revelation.. I guess that speaks of the major difference between a mediocre director (who ever directed this) and a good one (Del Toro with Crimson Peak). A bad final confrontation and even dumber ending also hurt this movie. Spoiler: No ****ing way brother ****er lady survives being out in the middle of the snow like that. Also the director screws the ending up, I don’t give a **** if this was based on a book, the ending is wrong. They should have the two killers die in the snow together on some sort of fancy pants art pose . That’s how they left their victims, in some sort of art posture. This is a solid movie that falls apart once Jefferey Dean Morgan tries to cry. 5.8/10

The Mist (2007)
When I first saw this movie back in the day, I absolutely hated it. I thought they made the Christian lady right and **** religion being right. The ending was a mother****ing gut punch though. Anyways I read the book years later and its one of the best books I have read ( I can read, I just cant write). So I decided the give this movie a second chance. Its way better then I remember . The ensemble cast is great. Everyone does a great job here playing each role perfect. Thomas Jane and Marcia Gay Harden are the best of the bunch though. The director did a great job showing how civilization will turn against each other and that people are violent ****s. Religious people certainly don’t look good in this movie. I didn’t like them kind of reveling where ever the mist actually came from, I don’t remember King doing that in the book. Its been awhole since I have read it but I think he kept some sort of secrecy behind it. The ending here is still a ****ing emotional kick to the nuts. The changing of Kings original hopefull ending in the book was actually a good call. You could have used either one and it would have worked. Overall its a damn good movie. 8.5/10

Feardot.com
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. It makes no god damn sense and its really dumb. It feels like a C-level movie but it takes itself way to serious. The acting is ****ing terrible. This movie thinks its so much smarter then it really is. The killer tries to be deep and philosophical but they cant pull that off in this movie. The haunted website and the killer connection is flimsy as hell. All in all just a terrible movie all around and should be avoided by all. 0/10

Seven in Heaven
This movie is average as hell. Its a somewhat decent premise for a movie even though the execution of it could have been better. One major flaw hurts this film and one minor story error doesnt help. The major flaw is the lead actor. This bug eyed cardboard cutout cant act. He has the constant look of surprise on his face. He offers no emotional or acting presence. He is just kind of there. A better actor may have helped make this movie more emotional and interesting. The minor story error is how Wallace in the alternate reality knows everything. He somehow knows June and Jude don’t belong there and he always knew where they were. I would have liked to have known how he basically became a guardian of sort for this alternate dimension. Like I said this movie is nothing special but it is decent. 6.5/10

American Murder: The Family Next Door
This was a fascinating documentary about a man murdering his whole family. This whole was shot using real life bodies cams and other police footage. This helps separate it from all the other murder stuff out there.Also apparently their is slight ghost sighting in this that is pretty cool. Check out the link below if you want more about the ghost sighting. I would have liked more insight from the family and friends but this was still solid. 8.4/10 https://thetab.com/uk/2020/10/08/ame...eo-clip-177807

for the whole list
https://tjkellyrants.com/movies/hall...g-party-part-1