Can I count Salem's Lot as a movie?

Tools    

The miniseries was released in an unedited three-hour movie format on DVD before, but does that really count? There's also the 112 minute version released on VHS in the 80's, but is that even worth seeing?

The trick is not minding
I generally only count films released that received theatrical releases, or films that available for streaming as one.
Salem’s lot was neither. Fret not though, as I understand a remake is in the works and will get a proper theatrical release.

The trick is not minding
Update.
While looking up the release date for the remake I came across an entry on wiki that states the original was released in theatres in some countries, albeit a truncated version. There is No citation for it, and I don’t know how accurate it is.
So....maybe? 🤷

I guess it depends on the context of "counting" it?
This.

Though, I'm kind of struggling to see where it would matter?

For example, no one should be mad if you review it in a film review thread.

I guess if you strongly delineate between the films you watch and the TV you watch, you might struggle to figure out which list it best fits.

For example, no one should be mad if you review it in a film review thread.
That's a bit extreme. I just want to know if I can count it on a list I've been working on (if I see it).

That's a bit extreme. I just want to know if I can count it on a list I've been working on (if I see it).
Is it just a "movies I've seen" list, or is it more specific?

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
People consider It and The Stand to be movies. I thought 'Salem's Lot was a movie directed by Tobe Hooper. Am I wrong? This one dude in here claims that it's only a movie if it receives a theatrical release. Why am I wasting my time watching straight to video then? I don't know what my life means anymore.

Is it just a "movies I've seen" list, or is it more specific?
No, you nailed it.

I mean, it might just make a top horror movies list but i'm not really sure if I should add miniseries. I've seen some of Band of Brothers but it was separated episodically by discs. That's more of a PBS collection format, especially since every episode starts with commentary from what I remember.

No, you nailed it.

I mean, it might just make a top horror movies list but i'm not really sure if I should add miniseries. I've seen some of Band of Brothers but it was separated episodically by discs. That's more of a PBS collection format, especially since every episode starts with commentary from what I remember.
Okay. I wasn't trying to be snarky before, just wanted to understand the question.

I mean, I would say that if you watch it as a film (ie in one go), go ahead and count it that way. If you watch it as more of a miniseries experience, count it that way. If the list is just for you, then you can set your own rules.

For example, Fanny and Alexander exists in both miniseries form and feature film form.