6. Boondock Saints
5. Remember the Titans
4. The Matrix
3. No Country For Old Men
2. The Dark Knight
1. Malcolm X

What's yours?

Welcome! And no worries.

I think the odds of getting this to be a central repository are a long-shot, though, because that system is so formalized and has been around so long. We have a lot of threads like this from the past, as well. Usually makes more sense to just try to generate some discussion about your favorites, specifically, for that reason.

10. Inception
9. The Lion King (Animated Original)t
8. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
7. Boyhood
6. Boondock Saints
5. Remember the Titans
4. The Matrix
2. The Dark Knight
1. Malcolm X

What's yours?
Great favorites list, though! I've seen four of those, and I liked all four . Especially No Country, that one's amazing.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Most of those on your list are classic favorites but I have a very low opinion of Boondocks Saints. Seems to me to be a C-tier Tarantino wannabe.

10. Inception
9. The Lion King (Animated Original)t
8. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
7. Boyhood
6. Boondock Saints
5. Remember the Titans
4. The Matrix
2. The Dark Knight
1. Malcolm X

What's yours?
Welcome to MoFo, always room for more!

Interesting Top 10 list. I've only seen Boyhood which was pretty amazing and The Matrix which I really should rewatch one of these days.

As of right now:
10. Won't You Be My Neighbor? (2018)
9. 12 Angry Men (1957)
8. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
7. Your Name (2016)
6. Jurassic Park (1993)
5. Beauty and the Beast (1991)
4. Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
3. When Marnie Was There (2014)
2. Spirited Away (2001)
1. Mary and Max (2009)

Honorable Mentions Go To:
Fantasia (1940)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
The Wizard of Oz (1939)
Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Grave of the Fireflies (1988)
WALL-E (2008)
Alien (1979)
Tower (2016)
Logan (2017)

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
All of the top 10 in the OP's list I think are good, accept for The Boondock Saints which has some good moments but never really understood all the hype with it. Here's mine:

10. Malcolm X
9. This Film Is Not Yet Rated
8. 12 Angry Men
7. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
6. For A Few Dollars More (1965)
5. Sicko (2007)
4. Parasite (2019)
3. The Battle of Algiers (1966)
2. Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
1. The Skin I Live In (2011)

I also have Malcolm X on mine but I'm torn as to whether the number 10 spot, should be either that or Cell 211 (2009).

yeah boondocks isnt supposed to be top tier...it gained a cult following later...but I'm probably biased based on on my Irish Catholic background lol. In all fairness they did totally wreck the sequel.

At one point I counted The Boondock Saints as a favorite movie (not top ten, though). It's just been too long since I last watched it. I remember it being a lot of fun.

As per my profile, my top ten is:

1. Quills
2. Gladiator
3. Up
4. Mary and Max.
5. Her
6. Ratatouille
7. Hedwig and the Angry Inch
8. Being John Malkovich
9. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
10. Wreck-It Ralph

Yeah that's what one student in my film school class said, that The Boondock Saints is one of the best movies ever made. I watch it and I feel like it's on the same level as something like Shoot 'Em Up (2007) or The Big Hit (1998). It's entertaining to a degree, but a lot of parts feel disjointed and fall flat I thought.

I watched the documentary Overnight on the making of it, and in that they said that The Boondock Saints was the hottest screenplay in Hollywood back when it was written. So that made me think, if that is as hot as it got back then, were a lot of changes made to the movie, or a lot of great stuff taken out, once it was shot then?

1. 12 Monkeys (1995)
2. Pulp Fiction (1994)
3. The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
4. Fantasia (1940)
5. Trainspotting (1996)
6. Man On The Moon (1999)
7. Bad Boy Bubby (1993)
8. Lost Highway (1997)
9. Next Movie (1980)
10. Easy Rider (1970)

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah that's what one student in my film school class said, that The Boondock Saints is one of the best movies ever made. I watch it and I feel like it's on the same level as something like Shoot 'Em Up (2007) or The Big Hit (1998). It's entertaining to a degree, but a lot of parts feel disjointed and fall flat I thought.

I watched the documentary Overnight on the making of it, and in that they said that The Boondock Saints was the hottest screenplay in Hollywood back when it was written. So that made me think, if that is as hot as it got back then, were a lot of changes made to the movie, or a lot of great stuff taken out, once it was shot then?
It's been a very long time since I watched Overnight but I do have to wonder who exactly the "they" in this scenario is and whether or not they may be exaggerating the "hottest screenplay" claim for one reason or another. If anything, it just seemed like people were looking for the next Tarantino in the wake of Pulp Fiction and Troy Duffy seemingly fit the bill by coming out of nowhere with The Boondock Saints (it's even a nonlinear black comedy thriller starring two hitmen), which is why it's not exactly surprising that Miramax was the first company to show interest in producing it. While it's certainly possible that parts were changed (especially after Miramax pulled out and Duffy had to work with a $6m budget instead of the original $15m budget), given Duffy's...stubborn attitude it's also possible that the script stayed largely the same and was merely over-hyped (at the very least, some cursory research doesn't indicate a whole lot in the way of scenes having to be removed or altered).

1. My own private Idaho. (1991). Gus Van Sant's brilliant story of street hustlers starring River Phoenix in his greatest role and Keanu Reeves.

2. The Godfather. (1972). Francis Ford Coppolas gangster epic is still, along with it's sequel, the best gangster film ever.

3. The Godfather part two. (1974). The greatest sequel ever made and the brilliant companion piece to the original.

4. A Clockwork Orange. (1971). Malcolm McDowell stars as Alex in the big screen version of Anthony Burgess' classic novel.

5. Jaws. (1975). Still Steven Spielberg's best movie in my opinion. The chemistry between Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss is perfect.

6. Singin' in the rain. (1952). This classic musical sees Gene Kelly at the top of his game with brilliant support from Debbie Reynolds and Donald O'Connor.

7. Hidden fortress. (1958). Akira Kurosawa's brilliant samurai movie was the inspiration for George Lucas's Star Wars.

8. The Wild Bunch. (1969). The greatest western in my opinion and Sam Peckinpah's best film. Brilliant.

9. Chinatown. (1974). A stunning movie from Roman Polanski starring Jack Nicholson. The greatest detective movie ever.

10. Cabaret. (1972). Liza Minnelli gives the performance of her life in Bob Fosse's brilliant musical. Great support from Joel Grey too.

It's been a very long time since I watched Overnight but I do have to wonder who exactly the "they" in this scenario is and whether or not they may be exaggerating the "hottest screenplay" claim for one reason or another. If anything, it just seemed like people were looking for the next Tarantino in the wake of Pulp Fiction and Troy Duffy seemingly fit the bill by coming out of nowhere with The Boondock Saints (it's even a nonlinear black comedy thriller starring two hitmen), which is why it's not exactly surprising that Miramax was the first company to show interest in producing it. While it's certainly possible that parts were changed (especially after Miramax pulled out and Duffy had to work with a $6m budget instead of the original $15m budget), given Duffy's...stubborn attitude it's also possible that the script stayed largely the same and was merely over-hyped (at the very least, some cursory research doesn't indicate a whole lot in the way of scenes having to be removed or altered).
Oh okay, I thought Miramax was the biggest company at the time, or that is what people make it out to be, after the Weinstein scandal. Unless that's just the media hying up Miramax and Weinstein, and it was not the biggest company at the time in Hollywood?

no particular order and from the top of my head

Rocky
Leon
The Elephant man
Jurassic Park
Pulp Fiction
Dirty Harry
Tombstone
Terminator 2
Still Crazy
The land Before time