Although Japanese animation has always been a force to be reckoned with, in recent years, I feel that I have been exposed to a lot of new and interesting animated films, like the Chinese film Ne Zha, as well as French animation like Mune and The Secret of Kells. In-general, what do you believe are the strengths and weaknesses of each particular country's brand of animation? (Obviously, things will differ and I don't want to make blanketed statements in-regards to an entire country's catalog as a whole.)

After watching Ne Zha, I noticed a lot of similarities to smaller-scale Stateside animation. The humor has that slapstick and occasional "fart joke" heavy approach (I have found that applies to a lot of Chinese blockbusters) , but I have noticed the biggest difference is that a lot of Chinese films derive themselves from established Chinese folklore, which usually makes for a more grandiose visual spectacle. Also, what are some of your favorite foreign animators and how would you describe their approach?