French new wave

Tools    

I've never watched a movie of the french new wave movement
Do you have some tips for a neophyte who wants to approach to neuvelle vauge's cinema ?
I mean, which movies do you raccomend first ? Do you know some good book about this topic?
I apologize myself if I've made some english mistakes, but I'm not used to write in english.

Silly question, but will you be able to understand the movies in French? Otherwise, they are gonna have English subtitles. Avoid any that are dubbed.

I usually watch foreign movies with italian subtitles

The trick is not minding
Any films from Godard, Melville, Truffaut, Malle, Rohmer, and Chabrol just to name a few. Particularly from the late 50’s til around 1970.
There’s a lot of great works there and you’d be surprised to see how much it influenced American cinema

Thank you. Do you know some cinema history or critical book aboute french new wave ?
I'm also interested on the technical and historical aspect

The trick is not minding
Thank you. Do you know some cinema history or critical book aboute french new wave ?
I'm also interested on the technical and historical aspect
I’m sure Wikipedia will help in that regard. I’m still just a novice with French New Wave myself.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I've never watched a movie of the french new wave movement
Do you have some tips for a neophyte who wants to approach to neuvelle vauge's cinema ?
I mean, which movies do you raccomend first ? Do you know some good book about this topic?
I apologize myself if I've made some english mistakes, but I'm not used to write in english.

-400 Blows
-The Sign of the Leo