What About Parasite?

Tools    

Is it normal if I say that I haven't watched parasite and actually never heard about it also? But I now find it quite interesting after reviews and therefore would like to ask for some short story of it. Those who have watched it, please share a few chunks of the story....

Thanks

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
It's my favorite movie of 2019, but haven't seen them all. I feel it's best not to know much about it though, so the surprises are still surprises.

Is it normal if I say that I haven't watched parasite and actually never heard about it also? But I now find it quite interesting after reviews and therefore would like to ask for some short story of it. Those who have watched it, please share a few chunks of the story....

Thanks

You don't talk about Parasite because of the pacing of the plot, it's best to go into the film cold. It's basically the story of a pair of families and the socioeconomic issues of South Korea.

Thanks all who considered my request genuine and gave a positive reply. I know that its usually considered not to know beforehand about a movie and just go with the synopsis, but it's my habit to know about movies before watching it. My theory behind it is because then I do not have to watch the movie again and again just to understand the plot.I like watching the movie again because I like it not because I can't understand it, so I just gather up stuff about a movie and then watch it. You can say that it's my habit

Watch eeeeeeeeeeet!

Thanks all who considered my request genuine and gave a positive reply. I know that its usually considered not to know beforehand about a movie and just go with the synopsis, but it's my habit to know about movies before watching it. My theory behind it is because then I do not have to watch the movie again and again just to understand the plot.I like watching the movie again because I like it not because I can't understand it, so I just gather up stuff about a movie and then watch it. You can say that it's my habit
Sarah, if you don't know about Wikipedia, here is a link to their Parasite movie page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasite_(2019_film) You can scroll down to the heading "Plot", where it gives a summary.

I'm inclined to agree with you re knowing a little about a movie before spending the time to watch it. There's so much garbage out there today that I'd rather spoil a little of the surprise at the story rather than being irked at a poor narrative.

I think at a certain level of praise it's pretty safe to take a chance. It also sounds like the OP was asking for more than a general concept. And I'm not sure a general concept guards you against the film being garbage, anyway.

I'm waiting for English version. Blu-ray is already available but not in English.

When you say you are waiting for an English version, are you saying you that are waiting for a version that is dubbed in English, or an English language remake?

I'm waiting for English version. Blu-ray is already available but not in English.
Please watch in the original language lol. As Bong Joon-Ho himself said, "Once you overcome the 1-inch-tall barrier of subtitles, you will be introduced to so many more amazing films”.

Duplicate Account (locked)
I liked "Mother" (by the same people) better than Parasite, parasite is an entertaining little comedy, definetly describes the awkwardness of being in poverty and being "low status".

I liked Parasite and its scheming family, but like other films in languages other than English, it's much better to have a subtitled version so you don't lose the vocal inflections of the original language. Trying to dub English into Korean would probably be a mess anyway

Oh okay, I haven't seen Memories of Murder or Mother yet. But I saw Snowpiercer and Barking Dogs Never Bite, and they are not near on the same level. Those movies are about as good of quality as say... something that Jordan Peele would make, but Parasite is more like Martin Scorsese level. So he went from Peele level to Scorsese level if that's a good comparison.