Bridget Jones Diary

→ in
Tools    

Anybody see this movie yet? I saw it the other day and I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen a "romantic comedy" that I liked in years. The only thing that was flawed was the fact that she wants to lose weight for the whole movie, but she's not fat!

I found this sweepstakes thing for the movie (on msn.com) where people submit pictures of themselves and then some computer program takes all the pictures and arranges them so they are a picture of Renee Zellwegger. It's pretty cool. If you want to check it out then go to http://www.bridgetjonesdiary.msn.com/sweepstakes/

Hey buddy, you should know something about women. It doesn't matter whether they're 300 pounds or 100 pounds, they all want to lose weight.

hey I did see the movie! I thought it was great. Well, not as great as the books but It was still great in its own rights. Renee did an excellent job as Bridget and so did Colin Firth. I hear that they are thinking of making a second movie.....I hope its the same cast.
-Christine

Thought BRIDGET JONES was excellent, although I can't imagine how a guy can convince himself to go see this movie alone. I couldn't. My girlfriend had to come too. (Unfortunately, she didn't pay much attention to the plot -- she just sighed a lot over Colin Firth.) By the way, I thought Zellweger was a nice cuddly armful.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
hah, women and weight ... well, it's not just a woman thing ya know! though women tend to be more psycho about it ... which is what's played on in the book/movie ... the fact that she ISN'T at all overweight yet is consumed by this guilt/self disgust and counting each half ounce she gains yet fudging it with desserts then starving for a day, etc.

it's turned into humor cause so many women are like this and it is hilarious -- freaky, sad, common, pathetic, and indeed, hilarious like so many freaky realities in life.

another funny thing ... haven't seen this and I plan to, but my bf says that Renee isn't looking so hot any more, that she looks worse and has ever since she got involved with Jim Carrey, and that Carrey has sucked the life blood out of each of his chicks (that Lauren Holly also looks awful, etc. ) ... hmm, whaddya think? I don't think Renee looks BAD she just ... doesn't look as shiny, fresh and wholesome as she did when we first encountered here in Hollywood, but it may also have just been the scenes they chose to use in the trailers for the movie and we might get a different picture once we go see it ...

yeah, it's highly unlikely my bf is gonna go on his own so i'll be his excuse to go see a girl flick and enjoy some zellweger. though honestly i'm not moved by Hugh or Colin ...