Queen of Hearts

→ in
Tools    

Trine Dylholm gives a career best performance in this fearless account of taboo love gone off the rails. Unremittingly bleak and genuinely shocking, but you can't help but watch it go from bad to worse. Monsters can take many forms.
Jurassic Park Dominion- 0.5/5
What Josiah Saw- (4.5/5)

I saw this recently too. She's brilliant in it. And there are some very graphic scenes, but quite realistic. In an age where alot of column icnhes are given to women directors and women heros (and quite rightly so), it was refreshing to see a real anti-feminist movie that wasn't pro male. Just had a real manipulatuive bitch as the lead. Good film.

I saw this recently too. She's brilliant in it. And there are some very graphic scenes, but quite realistic. In an age where alot of column icnhes are given to women directors and women heros (and quite rightly so), it was refreshing to see a real anti-feminist movie that wasn't pro male. Just had a real manipulatuive bitch as the lead. Good film.

I loved that aspect too. It was like the antithesis of female empowerment run amok. But there was nothing empowering about her, she was a manipulative, grooming, abuser. Dyrholm made her so watchable, it was similar to Isabelle Huppert in The Piano Teacher. And while the sex is explicit, I love how completely anti-erotic it is, it's almost monstrous and deeply unsettling. Great film.

Loved the Tainted Love dance scene.