Music Video Tribute (Spoilers):

Ever since my first viewing, this movie has held a special place in my cinephile heart. I think I caught it shortly after it started on Starz one day or something years ago as a teenager, already fond of Pacino's work at the time, and boy did this one secure that opinion. People said he overacts here, but compared to other roles I think it's fine and consistent.

I don't think I recognized O'Donnell originally until some of the movie had passed (I had seen him as Robin in Batman Forever/Batman & Robin, despite them being later films), but he's really good in this. The climax really struck me, very powerful scene, more so than the finale to Charlie's strife.

How do you rank it? It used to be #4 on my list, but has fallen off some, currently have it at #7. It's a solid 8 out of 10, maybe even a 9 at times.

The kinship in this movie that develops is heartwarming and the sadness is truly there. Script is solid IMO, with not many cliches and Charlie being a sympathetic character. I always liked the moral of integrity and whatnot, too. Lots of recognizable faces here, too.

What's your favorite scene?

Anything you didn't like about it? All criticisms welcome, would like to discuss my top 10 more with y'all in the future, hence me also finally putting that little video together.