If You HATE New Movies...

Tools    

Who on a movie forum would hate 99% of new movies?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I like movies from any era as long as I feel they are good stories.

Let's say you hate 99% of newer movies.. What's the 1% you do you like?
I don't know if it's 99%, but I do hate a lot of the new movies I/ve watched recently...at least the American movies have been really bad for me.

The only new movies I've seen recently that I really loved were:
Leave No Trace (2018)
Wonder Wheel (2017)

There might be a couple others that I'm forgetting. You might like Leave No Trace?

I don't think he'll like Leave no Trace, at least at the level he wants, but if you do, check this ones also:
Shoplifters. I, Daniel Blake. Probably, You Were Never Really Here. Dogman. The last one probably not.

Weird is relative.
American entertainment is usually kind of the same thing over and over, but the same can be said for any country that regularly produces films. The producers, screenwriters, directors... they're all just creating from what they *know,* what feels familiar... what they think the general target audience will accept.

Why don't you think Matt would not like Leave No Trace? Matt have you see that?

I doubt Matt would like Lord of the Rings or Gladiator.
I believe he will not like Gladiator, but he will like Lord of the Rings. Who doesn't?

I dislike 99% of movies that get shown in my local multiplex cinema. But those aren't all the 'new movies'.

'Capernaum' and 'Shoplifters' were both released in the last year and both would probably make my top 50 movies of all time.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I dislike 99% of movies that get shown in my local multiplex cinema. But those aren't all the 'new movies'.

'Capernaum' and 'Shoplifters' were both released in the last year and both would probably make my top 50 movies of all time.
I just saw "Shoplifters" and I liked it, 7.5/10.... "Capernaum" also sounds interesting. Thank you!

Who on a movie forum would hate 99% of new movies?

I would not say I hate 99 % of new movies, but I probably like about ten %. There are too many movies I have not seen from a time when movies were more of an art form rather than trying to please the largest amount of people all the time. I would love to live in a city that had a legitimate cinema which only showed award winners, historically significant films, and non-american films. There were two when I lived in Kansas City The Tivoli and The Fine Arts Theater. Does anybody know if there still around? I have not lived in another city that offered that luxury.

I would not say I hate 99 % of new movies, but I probably like about ten %. There are too many movies I have not seen from a time when movies were more of an art form rather than trying to please the largest amount of people all the time. I would love to live in a city that had a legitimate cinema which only showed award winners, historically significant films, and non-american films. There were two when I lived in Kansas City The Tivoli and The Fine Arts Theater. Does anybody know if there still around? I have not lived in another city that offered that luxury.
are you from KC?