Would this have been a better ending to Home Alone (1990)?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
SPOILER

After watching the movie again I feel it would have possibly been a better ending if after the police arresting the culprits, actually notified the parents what had happened. Because then when the Mom had gotten home to re-unite with Kevin, she would be even more worried about him and even more relieved to see him again after he had to be home alone, during a break in and all.

It just would have been a more emotional and sweet, re-uniting, if the parents had known. But what do you think?

Welcome to the human race...
Leaving aside how Kevin's mum would've been with the polka band at the same time anyway, I don't think it would've been any more potent on an emotional level - it's enough that she's already so worried about having left him behind in the first place and that's reflected in how she doesn't seem to actually find out about Kevin's conflict with the bandits at all (not even from Kevin himself).

Maybe Kevin getting back to school and get his first sexual experience with his hot school teacher.
Then Harry (Joe Pesci) finds out in jail his daughter was banging the kid that have putted him in jail.
This would be a possibility for 2018 Home Alone, too hardcore for 1990.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Leaving aside how Kevin's mum would've been with the polka band at the same time anyway, I don't think it would've been any more potent on an emotional level - it's enough that she's already so worried about having left him behind in the first place and that's reflected in how she doesn't seem to actually find out about Kevin's conflict with the bandits at all (not even from Kevin himself).
Oh okay I thought it might work emotionally if done right, and maybe a police officer could be waiting to see her at the house to explain what happened, instead of leaving the kid home alone, and she could have gotten the information that way or something, or a phone call.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It would've been so much better if Pesci murdered Kevin while saying:

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.