Action-packed Finnish no-budget film "Medicated"

Tools    

Hi Movielovers,

Ever wondered what it is like in Finland, in the country far far away in the distant north? Or especially what kind of movies they are into. Well now it is your great chance and privilege to get a glance of this mysterious dark land and culture by watching a movie made by ordinary Finnish working class who are self-made moviemakers (no fancy art-schools or other nonsense).

Medicated (original Finnish title “Lääkekoe”) is an action-packed independent Finnish no-budget film that tells a story of a mental patient who is sucked into a fight for the world domination after taking part on a weird medical experiment. But is it all really happening or is it just his sick imagination?

Despite being done with almost zero-budget, the movie has great deal of thrilling action scenes, great special effects, memorable compositions and well done acting.

If you hesitate to spend your precious time on watching the full movie, watch the trailer first and then feel the power of the full movie! Trust me, you will not be disappointed! The movie is spoken in Finnish but it has English subtitles.

Both trailer and the full movie can be found on youtube. Just type "laakekoe" on searchbar and there you have it!

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Finland has made some great films in my opinion:

Rendel (their first superhero film, a very dark and gritty masked vigilante who seeks revenge for his family's death)
Euthanizer (a car mechanic has a side job as a euthanizer for animals until he takes in a dog meant to be killed by a neo-Nazi because he doesn't want take care of the dog anymore and at the same time, begins a relationship with his dying father's nurse)
Pathfinder (classic 80's film about a young boy who seeks revenge against his family's killers in blistering winters of Lapland)

Not really my type of thing and imo would have been better off as a short as it did begin to drag. Kudos for making it though, no mean feat, and I'm sure there are those that will enjoy it more.