Hugo Weaving

Tools    

Do you know my poetry?

Hugo Weaving, in my opinion, is a excellent actor. He has become one of my favorite actors of the past 3 years because he's appeared in most of my favorite movies. I mostly think he is great for his Agent Smith character who i say is definately the best character of The Matrix movies. Your opinions on Hugo's acting?? Do you love him? Do you hate him? Do you think nothing of him?

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Love him.

I like him all right, but I won't be a big fan until he spreads his wings a bit. I like his over the top demeanor in The Matrix more than the subdued elf, though.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

His hysterical laugh in Matrix was, to me, one of the best parts of the movie. He is great at "becoming" the charcter he portrays.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I like him all right, but I won't be a big fan until he spreads his wings a bit.
Ah, but maybe it is you who should be spreading your wings?
There's more to Hugo than the mainstream...

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Sorry Silver. How dare I be so uncultured? Was he spectacular in all those movies?

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet

I'm catching those films. Though are they good ...as Brian asked???

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Sorry Silver. How dare I be so uncultured? Was he spectacular in all those movies?
He was, I have been a big fan of his for many years, i loved him in Proof as the blind photographer with a very young Russ Crowe.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I remember seeing the mini series Bangkok Hilton (1989), the mini series that brought Nicole Kidman to Hollywood. Apparantly Hugo Weaver had a considerably large role in that one, even if I don't remember him in it. But the first thing I saw him in and that made his face stick to my mind was another australian/english tv mini series about the drug trade, The Bite, from 1996. I remember that it was a pretty good series with a lot of suspense and that he was good in it. When I saw The Matrix my first reaction when I saw who played Agent Smith was a surprised laughter. He was so unexpected for me in that role, but as the film progressed it turned out being a brilliant casting move.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

"You Couldn't Make It Up...!!!"
Tsk! Tsk! Nobody has mentioned his best role to date in the fabulous mid '90s road film THE ADVENTURES OF PRISCILLA... QUEEN OF THE DESERT starring alongside Guy Pearce and Terence Stamp!

I think this gem of a film was remade as the atrocious TO WONG FOO...LOVE JUDY NUMAR??? with Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes. THE ADVENTURES OF PRISCILLA...was the first time I'd seen Weaving and Pearce on screen (although I'm reliably informed that the later started out acting life in one of Australia's biggest soaps)...

John.

Originally Posted by Minimalist
Tsk! Tsk! Nobody has mentioned his best role to date in the fabulous mid '90s road film THE ADVENTURES OF PRISCILLA... QUEEN OF THE DESERT starring alongside Guy Pearce and Terence Stamp!
I did.

A system of cells interlinked
He is in my top 3 favorite actors right now, as those slots seem to constantly shift depending on what I have been watching recently.

I'm a fan

Bruce Campbell Groupie
I've been a big fan of Hugo Weaving for a number of years now, I watch a lot of Australian films anyway, I first saw HUGO in Priscilla-Queen of the Desert, which is my favourite of his roles, nice to see more of him in Matrix (my fav from the series) and LOTR (love these films anyway).

I like Hugo alot!He is a great Smith and a good Elron!I had not seen him in any other movies but I am sure he is in alot since he is wellknown!
He should do a part in star wars as a bad guy he would be great!
What other movies had he played in?ANyone know?See you around!JM (He is not that bad looking either!)
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
I like Hugo alot!What other movies had he played in?ANyone know?See you around!JM (He is not that bad looking either!)
Doesn't he look cute in Pricilla Queen of the Desert?

"You Couldn't Make It Up...!!!"
Originally Posted by nebbit
Doesn't he look cute in Pricilla Queen of the Desert?
Heh! Heh! Nice still!!!

John.