Lost Gem: Sleeping Beauty (2011)

→ in
Tools    

Maybe not lost, but certainly not popular. It stars Emily Browning. Directed by a woman named Julia Leigh.

IMDb described this movie as "A haunting portrait of Lucy, a young university student drawn into a mysterious hidden world of unspoken desires."

But more to the point
-- she picks up a part time job catering to older rich men who enjoy the company of young women. Particularly while they are sleeping nude. Given tea to knock her out by her employer, if you will, she goes to sleep for a few hours and then men get her all to themselves. The most important rule, though, is that they can't have sex with her. And they don't. They do everything but. And that's the weird part.

I really recommend this. The way it unfolds is interesting.

I wanted to post screenshots but I guess I need 25 posts? lol

A competent and somewhat artistic movie, I found it contemplative and abstract but not particularly meaningful. It wasn't obscure, but it didn't make much noise either. It ended up in a lot of discount bins at supermarkets and convenience stores, and there're still quite a few sitting around in those bins. I bought my copy at 7-11, and I still see it on sale at Walmart every now and then.

Here's a random screenshot for imagery.