Universal Soldier reboot

Tools    

https://screenrant.com/universal-soldier-reboot-writer/

"Universal Soldier will receive a modern update from The Equalizer writer Richard Wenk. Universal Soldier is a 1992 cult action film pitting Jean-Claude Van Damme against Dolph Lundgren. The two play deceased soldiers who are resurrected as a part of a government program, but once memories of their old life - and bitter rivalry - returns, they face off once again.

It’s been nearly 20 years since the Universal Soldier series appeared on the big screen, but in a recent interview with Discussing Film, writer Richard Wenk revealed he’s working on a new take on the concept. He said:
I will say that I’m just finishing up a re-imagining - let’s be clear about this it’s not a remake and it is not a redo - but it is a re-imagining of a movie called Universal Soldier…very much like The Equalizer, it’s the title that inspired me and not the movies…I’m just about to finish [the script] and turn it in this week.
It’s very early days for the Universal Soldier reboot, so there’s no word on cast or director yet. Apparently, the new movie will focus on a single resurrected soldier instead of two.

Given Wenk’s description of the project, the new Universal Soldier will likely ignore all the previous movies and start fresh."

Welcome to the human race...
Considering how the other movies in the franchise have all focused on the idea of multiple UniSols going up against one another in one form or another, the idea of there only being one in total at once seems to miss the point of the franchise but also sounds at least a little intriguing. I guess we'll have to see if they actually do anything worthwhile with it.

Kinda funny really that they're using what sounds like Paul WS Anderson's script to remake a Roland Emmerich movie.

Two of the worst writers/directors of the past 30+ years, mashed into one giant sh*t-smelling gateaux

Welcome to the human race...
Not sure how you took the one detail that's different about this version and extrapolated "Soldier remake" from it. A key part of Soldier is that there are not only more soldiers like Todd but that he is eventually rendered obsolete by the creation of even more advanced soldiers - in other words, this doesn't fit the "only one soldier" detail mentioned in the OP.

They're bound to have other soldiers in this remake/reboot... I mean, if it's Luc vs a bunch of humans then it'll be boring.

Bets are there's other supersoldiers in there somewhere.