Enter the Dragon (Remake of the Classic)

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
http://deadline.com/2018/07/enter-th...os-1202431792/

Deadpool 2 director David Leitch is apparently in talks to remake the classic Bruce Lee film Enter the Dragon.

The 1973 classic cannot be topped, especially that bruce lee himself and han is not in the film

We've gone on holiday by mistake
More blasphemy!

The 1973 classic cannot be topped, especially that bruce lee himself and han is not in the film
Not that I expect a remake to be better but as far as classic martial arts action flicks go Enter the dragon wasnt very good even with Bruce Lee in it, in fact Fists of fury was a better Bruce Lee film.

Not that I expect a remake to be better but as far as classic martial arts action flicks go Enter the dragon wasnt very good even with Bruce Lee in it, in fact Fists of fury was a better Bruce Lee film.

wut

wut
It didnt have much great action in it. It really sets itself up to have these great one on one matches with these characters but it doesnt really deliver. Even when Bruce goes up against the guy who killed his sister he just kills him effortlessly and its so disapointing. Jim Kelley and John Saxon dont even do much, youd think the plot would set them up in awesome one on one matches against Bruce. Even the final battle really isnt that good despite its iconic gimmick. Id actually say its a better spy flick than martial arts action film.

It didnt have much great action in it. It really sets itself up to have these great one on one matches with these characters but it doesnt really deliver. Even when Bruce goes up against the guy who killed his sister he just kills him effortlessly and its so disapointing.

I would say the opposite, the O'Hara fight is excellent, and Lee really wants to humiliate O'Hara into doing something stupid so he can avenge his sister, this is a tournament remember and Lee cant just kill him unless he has good reason. Plus Bruce Lee films are a slow burn, the fight is a tease for the later all out battle.

Jim Kelley and John Saxon dont even do much, youd think the plot would set them up in awesome one on one matches against Bruce. Even the final battle really isnt that good despite its iconic gimmick. Id actually say its a better spy flick than martial arts action film.
Granted the final fight vs Han isn't that great but it's interesting as Han has a weapon instead of a hand and the mirrors finale is quite tense.

The preceding battle with the guards though is an absolute work of art.

Jim Kelley's death serves a purpose, we like him and care about him only for the bad guy to kill him. It also demonstrates that Han can fight and has a "special move".

I like Saxon's fight vs Bolo too.

It didnt have much great action in it. It really sets itself up to have these great one on one matches with these characters but it doesnt really deliver. Even when Bruce goes up against the guy who killed his sister he just kills him effortlessly and its so disapointing.

I would say the opposite, the O'Hara fight is excellent, and Lee really wants to humiliate O'Hara into doing something stupid so he can avenge his sister, this is a tournament remember and Lee cant just kill him unless he has good reason. Plus Bruce Lee films are a slow burn, the fight is a tease for the later all out battle.

Jim Kelley and John Saxon dont even do much, youd think the plot would set them up in awesome one on one matches against Bruce. Even the final battle really isnt that good despite its iconic gimmick. Id actually say its a better spy flick than martial arts action film.
Granted the final fight vs Han isn't that great but it's interesting as Han has a weapon instead of a hand and the mirrors finale is quite tense.

The preceding battle with the guards though is an absolute work of art.

Jim Kelley's death serves a purpose, we like him and care about him only for the bad guy to kill him. It also demonstrates that Han can fight and has a "special move".

I like Saxon's fight vs Bolo too.
I cant agree over the O Hara fight even though I understand what youre saying its not actually exciting to watch plus he actually does kill him.

I like the set up and gimmick behind the final battle but I feel they were kinda wasted potential and they couldve made something really climatic but fell short.

I like the battles with the gaurds. The movie has great fights against hordes oponents but it falters with one on one fights.

I still think its a complete missed oppurtunity and really disapointing to have Jimy Kelley and John Saxon in the film as central characters and not have awesome fights with them and Bruce Lee or even against each other. The tournament seems like it was meant as a blatant excuse to set up fights between these characters. The tournament in general seems really undervalued in the film and the spying scenes with Bruce Lee are far more exciting and the highlight of the film.

Ive only seen Enter the Dragon and Fists of fury when it comes to Bruce Lee and ive liked him in both films but I found Fists of fury more solid and entertaining.

You ready? You look ready.
I’m with @Mr_TagoMago on this one.

Enter the Dragon is good but it fails at being great.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I’m with @Mr_TagoMago on this one.

Enter the Dragon is good but it fails at being great.
Yeah it was an enjoyable film and I think it couldve been great but came short for reasons I already mentioned.

But why??? Seriously, why the f*** remake Enter the Dragon?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Monies.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Hollywood has been taken over by incompetent producers who lack artistic integrity and originality. A bunch of lazy, money-grubbing sleazeballs.

I hereby am calling for a coup.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Hollywood has been taken over by incompetent producers who lack artistic integrity and originality. A bunch of lazy, money-grubbing sleazeballs.
I dunno, look for more obscure stuff. Or watch foreign cinema.

A system of cells interlinked
This idea:

Hong Kong action film buff.
I know it has been six years. I must ask if this project is still existing. And let me just say the idea of Enter the Dragon without Bruce Lee, Bob Wall, John Saxon, Jim Kelly and Shih Kien is COMPLETE Shi..h Kien.
All honesty, stupid idea