Silent Hill

Tools    

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
It is time.
Hear are a few details.

Samual Hadida is slated to produce along with long time co worker Christophe Gans (they worked on things like: Crying Freeman, Necronomicon, Brotherhood of the Wolf and a couple others. Samual Hadida is a tad more recognizable to some as the producer of such films as True Romane, Killing Zoe, Resident Evil. He co-produced Freeway, a great Keifer Sutherland film. these titles aside, I was thankful to hear that Konami will be keeping a close eye on most of the art direction from creatures to charactors. the soundtrack will also be overseen by Konami...wich could only mean...yes ladies and gents.....Akira Yamaoka!!!
it said on IMDB that it is slated for release in 2005.

lets hear all the news on this film right here. shal we?...

lets just hope they saw the threads on casting this flick...

Sweet!
Its good that konami are keeping an eye on the production, hopefully this will ensure that it doesnt turn out like another crappy game 2 movie.................Movie.
Its a bit worrying that the producer of the first Resident Evil movie is involved ( I personally didnt like RE,I was very disappointed), but hopefully the material in the game is faithfully replicated.
Good move having Akira Yamaoka do the music, the tunes in the games are one of the highlights of the game, they set the mood, creep you out and sometimes scare the crap out of you.
I for one will be watching this when it comes out.

Originally Posted by frutkake
( I personally didnt like RE,I was very disappointed)
I thought it would have made a good movie just not a good resident evil movie. my favortie parts of the game were in the house. They skip past all that in what 5 minutes.

Anyways i hope this movie turns out well. having more game companie involvement seems to help. Tomb Raider wasnt a bad movie (i have never seen the second though)

PS. The Final Fantasy movie sucked i love every game in the series and i think for the movie they should have picked a story line to follow perhaps clouds.

Never conform, never compromise....
Mmmmmm creepyness....

From IGN FilmForce.com

"September 20, 2004 - Filmmaker Roger Avary (The Rules of Attraction) has revealed on his official site that he is collaborating with director Christophe Gans (Brotherhood of the Wolf) on the script for the forthcoming movie version of Silent Hill.

Avary writes, "Silent Hill... my life is consumed by it. The soundtrack to Silent Hill 2, the graphic novel, fan art, and of course, the games. I'm mostly spending the evenings re-playing Silent Hill 2 (my favorite of the series) on my French PS2, and then watching various DVDs that Christophe suggests are similar to the Silent Hill feel. Then, every morning at 10AM, a car picks me up from my apartment in St.-Germain-des-Pres to deliver me to the palatial offices of Samuel Hadida (which we call KGB Central) where Christophe and I feverishly work alongside each other. We have the entire 4th Floor production suite to ourselves. Christophe is obsessed with all sorts of obscure Italian soundtracks, which we listen to (along with the Silent Hill 2 soundtrack and heavy doses of Serge Gainsbourg) while we write. We've had a game system brought into the office so that we can take breaks to play."

Fans of the game should be pleased to hear that Avary is playing it enough to have a firm grasp on the source material, but he warns that he isn't nearly as obsessed with the subject matter as Gans is. He writes, "Okay, one thing: WOULD YOU FREAKING SILENT HILL FANS PLEASE STOP SENDING ME YOUR SCRIPTS! I delete them without reading them, and it's getting a little absurd. I mean, does everyone who plays this game write a script immediately after finishing?! And please, stop asking me if I'm as obsessed with this game as you are. The answer is, NO, I'm not. But Christophe Gans IS. I'm just writing down his interpretations and visions. I appreciate the concerns, and I'm happy to know what your favorite moments of the game are – but please, relax a little. It's going to be a fantastic filmic experience – Christophe is too obsessed with it for it not to be. Have faith."

Silent Hill 2, which seems to be serving as the primary inspiration for the film, centers around James Sunderland, a man who's life is shattered when his young wife Mary suffers a tragic death. Three years later, a mysterious letter arrives from Mary, beckoning him to return to their sanctuary of memories, the dark realm of Silent Hill.

Thanks to "Peter" for the heads-up.

-- Brian Linder"

Can't wait for this...hopefully, it does not turn out to be another Resident Evil...
- Corey Taylor (2002)

Silent hill? Awsome, i loved that game...

I like those crazy-phsycho-horror movies. RE was great! Unfortunetly, RE2 was not as good as the first - to much action. I hope silent hill turns out to be a good movie...

history *is* moralizing
Do people generally know more about the game than the comics (in this particular case or in general)? ...a shame, if it goes on that way, i understand the comic industry is having problems, and at the end, only the mainstreams will survive (although i've been reading DD and X-Men for about 20 years now, and i gave up on Spiderman years ago but still, love the movies, especially in the last two cases, where part 2, in both cases, was better than the first, very very very amazingly!!)...??!!

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
Do people generally know more about the game than the comics (in this particular case or in general)? ...a shame, if it goes on that way, i understand the comic industry is having problems, and at the end, only the mainstreams will survive (although i've been reading DD and X-Men for about 20 years now, and i gave up on Spiderman years ago but still, love the movies, especially in the last two cases, where part 2, in both cases, was better than the first, very very very amazingly!!)...??!!
There was a SH comic? Hmmm, never heard of it.

Originally Posted by Endless
hopefully, it does not turn out to be another Resident Evil...
I read this article the other day also, and clicked over to Avary's website, and it seems like they really want to do this right. The director seems obsessed with the source material.

history *is* moralizing
[quote]There was a SH comic? Hmmm, never heard of it.

yep, just 4 issues. very well drawn (read: originally and with character) and good story (confusing? to me, a lil bit...)... i'd recommend you to ask in the next comic store... if u're lucky u may find all issues still available, though i kinda had difficulties finding Nr one already.

and yes, the Endless seem to be a quite serious thing. but look, for the third time, they cancelled the filming of X-Men 3, after spending hundreds of thousands bucks... so who knows?
has anyone seen Gaiman's British serial movie Neverwhere? i kinda liked it but one can see they had no money at all...

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I read this article the other day also, and clicked over to Avary's website, and it seems like they really want to do this right. The director seems obsessed with the source material.

It was on the MoFo Movie Blog if you paid attention.