32 Candles

Tools    

Do you know my poetry?
Aint it Cool News reports this :
"USA Network is currently wrapping up the development of a 16 Candles sequel called...erm...32 Candles. Seriously. After cleaning the vomit from my lap, I learned the "plot", thin as it is, this is all I was able to find out, so here goes:

Molly Ringwald (she's on board for sure, and her attachment is kinda vital, I suppose) moves back to her hometown, and starts pining away (very vague, I know) for her boyfriend Jake, who she apparently followed to college. It didn't work out for reasons I'm still not aware of, and she subsequently lost touch with him.

Anthony Michael Hall, the triumphant hero rolls in, now a multi-millionaire vis-a-vis inventing some ******* fancy-dancy search engine ('like Google' is how it was described to me) and...apparently hilarity ensues?

I know that's a pretty thin description, but it's all that I could pry, and I'm not sure that the original actor that played Jake is on board... but Molly and Anthony are ready to go when this thing begins production. Hot tip, I know, boy.

P.S. And NO, I have no idea about Long Duck Dong's possible involvement. This would be probably be top ******* secret, as I'm sure you can understand, people"

Ohh my god! What the hell are they doing!

I absolutely love Sixteen Candles - I just bought the rereleased DVD a few weeks ago. So, hearing this news excited me quite a bit, and I like the premise, but what really bothers me is that the sequel will take away the magic of the first film. I liked it ending with Jake and Samantha getting together!

But at least for the sequel, reality will set in, and Samantha and Jake have seperated. If USA Network does this... then is it going to be on the USA Network only?

I'm going to pray that they do this right... I would love to see what's happened to these characters, as long as the movie isn't some stupid kid friendly crap.

And what's the deal with her birthday? How does the birthday thing work out this time? It would be funnier if this time, NOBODY forgot her birthday, and she can't stand it because she's in her 30s and she looks much older (isn't Molly Ringwald about 40 anyway?)

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
USA Network does this... then is it going to be on the USA Network only?

I'm going to pray that they do this right... I would love to see what's happened to these characters, as long as the movie isn't some stupid kid friendly crap.
Yes its a made for tv movie only airing on the USA network. My problem with this movie is I think there not going to do this right at all. I think there gonna mess up the whole Sixteen Candles story. There's still hope that this will be good,hmm, I wonder if 'Long Duck Dong' will appear.

I just don't want them to do stupid homages where, like when Long Duk Dong appears, it's as if he's standing there, looking at the camera, waiting for the audience at home to cheer and root for him. Of course, I also don't want the scenes to be under-appreciated.