Runaway Jury

→ in
Tools    

It was beauty killed the beast.
Kong had the oppurtunity to see Runaway Jury tonight thanks to the fact that Gary Fleder, its director, is from Kong's hometown. The film was actually pretty entertaining despite using quite a bit of convention and some pretty hard to swallow ploy developments. Luckily the films main goal is to entertain through tension which it achieves with particular thanks to excellent cast (John Cussack, Rachel Weisz, Dustin Hoffman, Gene Hackman...). Gene Hackman is easily the most fun to watch, and he and Dustin Hoffman share one particularly juicy little scene (it's unfortunate these two characters didn't interact beyond that one part).

In the end it's not much more than fun film, but sometimes that's all a film needs or wants to be.

Originally Posted by Kong
Kong had the oppurtunity to see Runaway Jury tonight thanks to the fact that Gary Fleder, its director, is from Kong's hometown. The film was actually pretty entertaining despite using quite a bit of convention and some pretty hard to swallow ploy developments. Luckily the films main goal is to entertain through tension which it achieves with particular thanks to excellent cast (John Cussack, Rachel Weisz, Dustin Hoffman, Gene Hackman...). Gene Hackman is easily the most fun to watch, and he and Dustin Hoffman share one particularly juicy little scene (it's unfortunate these two characters didn't interact beyond that one part).

In the end it's not much more than fun film, but sometimes that's all a film needs or wants to be.

I actually want to see this film, it looks pretty good. From your review I gather that it might be worth seeing. Kong, is it just me, or is John Cusack one of the most underrated actors?? I personally think this guy is outstanding in every film that I've seen him in. But yet, he never seems to be talked about or held in the same light as bigger name actors. So basically, is this movie worth seeing, and do you agree with my Cusack comment?

I want to see this but the whole "buying out a verdict and jury" idea seems a little far-fetched to me.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Thanks for the review Kong! I'm now really looking forward to it.

MovieForums Extra
Thanks Kong. I'm interested to see what you think of "Mystic River."