Was Howard The Duck suppose to be based off Richard Dreyfuss?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I watched a bit of the 1986 movie cause my gf wanted to, then I lost interest and didn't finish it. I couldn't help but notice that Howard talks and sounds just like Richard Dreyfuss. He even looks like him too in his facial expressions, so I looked it up and Dreyfuss does not do the voice or anything, surprisingly.

But I wonder if it was suppose to be based on him since the resemblance seems really uncanny, especially the voice.

What do you think?

All I know is it was based on a comic but the comic was a completely different beast, I think it was really political and actually good.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong.

All talking ducks look and sound like Richard Dreyfus. It's an evolutionary thing.

Sometimes you can't prove a thing... but you just know its true.

On a side note, I always thought Heath Ledger as The Joker sounded like Dreyfus. I wonder if Ledger, who is Australian, was going for a Brooklyn accent since that is Dreyfus' hometown.

Whether it was or it wasn't I really don't see what all the (Drey)fuss is about

I read the subject line and chuckled.

You're right, and it didn't dawn on me until I read it.

He DOES look and sound like Dreyfuss
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I liked the film!

It is a great Bad Movie. However, the scene of "inter-species erotica" is cringe worthy.