Conan the Barbarian is one of the best movies of all time

→ in
Tools    

I'm hearty, dammit!
I can't find a lot of people who will agree with me on this, but there's got to be someone who thinks the same out there. Sweeping vistas, epic battles, revenge plot, inspired soundtrack, early Oliver Stone, buff Austrian, Mako, and the best part:

Hun: "What is best in life?...Wrong! Conan!"
Conan: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
Hun: "Good! That is good."

Am I on crack, here, or can I get an "Amen!"?

"Mmmm...sacrilicious..."

I'm hearty, dammit!
Oops, can someone move this to the general movie discussion category?

do you live in sydney by any chance Chunky?? i haven't seen or even thought of Conan th Barbarian in over a decade, but i saw it on late night Optus a couple of nights ago...and then i log on here and you've posted about it

coincidink or not??

I'm hearty, dammit!
Let's see here...plug in my city...then Syndey...and the distance between then is...um, carry the two...ah yes, that's it:

13519 km

No, I'm just a deluded soul looking for a kindred spirit in my passion for Conan. However, any city that is actively screening Conan certainly sounds attractive as a future travel destination...

I like that movie a lot, especially the music.

I've watched this movie so many times and I'm never tired of it. I have the soundtrack too... it's awesome.

I can't wait for King Conan... I will skip work for that one and that one only.

My favorite movie genre has always been fantasy so Conan is definitely a favorite… I loved the story, the sets and the music … and the fact that the script called for a bad-ass female… and they actually cast one for the role instead of some 90 pound supermodel… Sandahl Bergman was very believable in her role as Valeria…

Originally Posted by Yoda
Ditto...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I'm hearty, dammit!
I love it so much I even listened to Schwarzenegger's commentary throughout the whole movie on the DVD. He's a twit. A big burly Austrian twit who could break me with his bare hands and has nailed nearly every milestone of the immigrants' American dream, but a twit nonetheless.

Needless to say, I nearly plucked my eyeballs out when Destroyer came out. Milius at the helm of King Conan hopefully will resurrect the series somewhat.

I'm glad people finally responded to this. I was really starting to feel like a crazy loner. Now, only my shack in the mountains with insane writing all over it makes me feel that way.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I LOVE Conan. It is the best revenge movie ever. EVER. As for one of the best ever, I might be willing to go so far as to put it in my top 200, which although it doesn't immediately sound like it, is saying a lot.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I LOVE Conan. It is the best revenge movie ever. EVER.
What about Kill Bill? Ive heard thats meant to be the best revenge movie ever.....I am curious to see who will win....

Conan....or UMA

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
What about Kill Bill? Ive heard thats meant to be the best revenge movie ever.....I am curious to see who will win....

Conan....or UMA
That is quite the question Blibbs...I can't wait to find out!

Oh, I love Conan. Great stuff...ok, so maybe not the best ever, but great.

I saw it first time when I was 4, it was dubbed into Italian but I had a blast.

Conan is my favorite of all time. AMEN!

Oh yeah Conan most certainly rocked!
Lots of imitations since, only one Conan.

Vote for Arnold! :P

Hallelujah!

I am the wellspring from which you flow
for without me who would you be?

I think the Rock would be a pretty decent choice to portray Conan's son in the next movie (provided it gets made).

I'm hearty, dammit!
Crap on a cracker! This governorship is going to put King Conan on hold, isn't it? Now I'll have to find another insubstantial reason to keep living...

I ate all your bees.
Im a big fan of Conan, was one of the first DVD's I bought Conan Special Edition 2 Disc Set Yay...Its a great movie, surprisingly enough I was actually thinking half way through Kill Bill what movie is the better Revenge Movie, I ponder it still...

I'm thinking Kill Bill is going to take Conan's place...I'll have to wait for volume 2 though.

Welcome to the forum Sidewinder! Cool avatar and sig picture!

I ate all your bees.
Shucks! Thanks Beale!