Last Man Standing; same bar as Django Unchained?

Tools    

This is killing me and I need a confirmation. I just saw last man standing again with Bruce Willis from 1996. I could swear that the bar that they use in the town is the same bar they used in Django Unchained in de beginning that the doctor kill the sheriff of that town. Am I wrong?

It's possible the filmmakers used parts of the same set in both movies as decoration... bits and pieces of movie sets tend to get recycled sometimes.
Most of the time though, a set gets ripped apart and chucked away at the end of shooting.

I've just checked out both movies for you though.

And no it's not the same bar/set in the two films.
They look similar, but are probably based on the same design of old-style American Wild West Saloons.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Out of curiosity why are sets ripped apart and chucked away after? Couldn't the filmmakers sell them to make some money back, especially in the case of Last Man Standing, when the movie didn't do as well?

Out of curiosity why are sets ripped apart and chucked away after? Couldn't the filmmakers sell them to make some money back, especially in the case of Last Man Standing, when the movie didn't do as well?

Most of the time they need the space that the set is built on for another movie, and selling stuff like that would require huge admin and organisation fees and so on... so the easiest and most cost effective thing to do is hire a cheap skip, and bulldoze the lot ready for the next movie set.

Sometimes they do sell off stuff though.
An example is Dredd, it didn't do well at the box office so they auctioned off the costumes, props, and some bits and pieces from the sets to various millionaire collectors.

I'd imagine movies that don't do well are the ones where there'd be little interest in buying them. I'd also guess that elements of sets get reused all the time. But increasingly, studios are doing things like this: when TV shows end, there are sometimes online auctions where people can bid on various bits of set dressing. I bought a couple of glasses from the set of Justified (my wife and I loved the show) a couple of years ago.

I'm not sure fan culture had exploded in the 90s the way it has today, though, where people have a seemingly infinite appetite for the franchises or films they enjoy. But as it has, I think this has become more correspondingly common.

Just had a quick read... some larger movies sell of props.

Pirates Of The Caribbean sold off costumes and the ship cannons, swords etc and made some money back.
Sometimes, big studios like Disney recycle the props and costumes for Disneyland and Disneyworld employees to wear in the park.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Just had a quick read... some larger movies sell of props.

Pirates Of The Caribbean sold off costumes and the ship cannons, swords etc and made some money back.
Sometimes, big studios like Disney recycle the props and costumes for Disneyland and Disneyworld employees to wear in the park.
Black Sails sold off (or leased; cant remember) sets and costumes to some other show. I wanted the Man o War as a garden ornament. Dayum!