Slaughterhouse-Five series

Tools    

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/slau...-3-1202631854/

"Universal Cable productions is developing a series based on Kurt Vonnegut’s novel “Slaughterhouse-Five.” The adaptation will be written and executive produced by “Happy!” showrunner Patrick Macmanus, who has signed an overall deal with the studio.

Published in 1969, “Slaughterhouse-Five” is considered a satirical classic. Drawing from science fiction and Vonnegut’s own experiences in World War II, the book tells the story of Billy Pilgrim, who as a chaplain’s assistant in the U.S. Army survives the firebombing of Dresden. The narrative unfolds in a disjointed, non-linear fashion as Pilgrim becomes “unstuck” in time and the novel bounces from one point to another in his life. “Slaughterhouse-Five” is a frequent presence on the American Library Association’s list of “most frequently challenged books” due to repeated efforts to have it removed from schools.

Gale Anne Hurd of Valhalla Entertainment, Jon Brown of Ensemble Entertainment, and Bradley Yonover of Brand Y Media will also executive produce the UCP adaptation.

Macmanus said that he envisions the “Slaughterhouse-Five” series as one that expands on the world of the novel while staying true to Vonnegut’s tone and core themes.

There are no lines that Vonnegut ever throws away,” he said. “But there are certain lines within the book that allude to a much larger world. I’m not just talking about going off into outer space. He alludes to the Balkanization of the United States and to the hydrogen bombing of the United States. I feel like today’s TV is the only way to tell this story. Even though it’s only approximately 275 pages, I think that it’s ripe to be expanded upon exponentially.

No network home has been yet set for “Slaughterhouse-Five.” UCP expects to shop the project within the NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment group as well as to outside networks and premium services."

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/slau...-3-1202631854/

"Universal Cable productions is developing a series based on Kurt Vonnegut’s novel “Slaughterhouse-Five.” The adaptation will be written and executive produced by “Happy!” showrunner Patrick Macmanus, who has signed an overall deal with the studio.

Published in 1969, “Slaughterhouse-Five” is considered a satirical classic. Drawing from science fiction and Vonnegut’s own experiences in World War II, the book tells the story of Billy Pilgrim, who as a chaplain’s assistant in the U.S. Army survives the firebombing of Dresden. The narrative unfolds in a disjointed, non-linear fashion as Pilgrim becomes “unstuck” in time and the novel bounces from one point to another in his life. “Slaughterhouse-Five” is a frequent presence on the American Library Association’s list of “most frequently challenged books” due to repeated efforts to have it removed from schools.

Gale Anne Hurd of Valhalla Entertainment, Jon Brown of Ensemble Entertainment, and Bradley Yonover of Brand Y Media will also executive produce the UCP adaptation.

Macmanus said that he envisions the “Slaughterhouse-Five” series as one that expands on the world of the novel while staying true to Vonnegut’s tone and core themes.

There are no lines that Vonnegut ever throws away,” he said. “But there are certain lines within the book that allude to a much larger world. I’m not just talking about going off into outer space. He alludes to the Balkanization of the United States and to the hydrogen bombing of the United States. I feel like today’s TV is the only way to tell this story. Even though it’s only approximately 275 pages, I think that it’s ripe to be expanded upon exponentially.

No network home has been yet set for “Slaughterhouse-Five.” UCP expects to shop the project within the NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment group as well as to outside networks and premium services."
What is the Balkanization of the US?

What is the Balkanization of the US?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkanization

Balkanization, or Balkanisation, is a geopolitical term used to describe the process of fragmentation or division of a region or state into smaller regions or states that are often hostile or uncooperative with one another.[1][2] Balkanization is a result of foreign policies creating geopolitical fragmentation, as has happened in the namesake Balkan region under the Ottoman Empire, the Austro-Hungarian empire, the Third Reich, the United Nations, and NATO. Foreign policies can be precipitous to Balkanization.
In relation to America it's an anti-immigration argument according to my one minute google just now haha.