What do you think of Olympus has fallen (2013)?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
This kind of action film has been done before but I think it's well done in a lot of parts. The plot is far fetched though, I thought cause if the White house was invaded by a foreign country, and actually physically taken over with the President held hostage, the remaining government would launch a nuclear strike against that country immediately without question.

They would feel powerless and to that point of if the white house was cut off like that. So that part was questionable.

And I don't mean this in a sexist way but I like how the filmmakers had the guts to have a female character be brutally tortured for information. Usually in movies and TV, they will always go soft on the female characters like in the show 24 for example, because they are afraid of audience backlash. But it often comes off as questionable cause you wonder if murderous terrorists would actually care about being that soft on women realistically. but this movie had the guts to go through with it.

I didn't like how the female character, decided to recite the pledge of allegiance, during the torture though, and thought a person would so not recite that in a situation like that, and it came off as forced and corny.

But what do you think?

Welcome to the human race...
It's a terrible movie through and through, but even it knows that responding to a captured president with a nuclear strike against the captors' home country is just too damn silly (and also because there'd be no movie if that were the case).

Mmm no i dont remember much about that one tbh, except the premise. It could be so generic action flick that you wont want to bother afterward