Neurosurgery and cinema : a question for cinema lovers !!

Tools    

Hey,

I'm neurosurgeon in France. I'm studying links between neurosurgery and cinema in order to write an article about the evolution of themes, perception in the story of cinema.Series are excluded from this study. An international collaboration could be very interesting !

Neurosurgery concern 1/ The Brain 2/ Traumatic brain injuries and its consequences 3/ Spine injuries and its consequences

I'm trying to get a list of film which will be reviewed in order to assess the link between neurosurgery and cinema.

For example :

1/ Hannibal Lecter (Ridley scott 2001 cinema scene)
1/ the mind of Mr Soames (1970)
1/ James Bond spectre and the torture scene.

2/ "Concussion"(2015 about traumatic brain injuries)
3/ Batman Dark Knight (spine fracture treated by immobilization)

dont have much help but if your a neurosurgeon thats cool

thank you!

There's a neurosurgery scene in this low-budget slasher movie. The scene stands out in my memory because the patient impossibly moans while intubated. There's a rather murky subplot about brain surgery and psychotherapy subsequent to an accident, or something. (I admit I haven't seen the movie for a while.)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
There's a neurosurgery scene in this low-budget slasher movie. The scene stands out in my memory because the patient impossibly moans while intubated. There's a rather murky subplot about brain surgery and psychotherapy subsequent to an accident, or something. (I admit I haven't seen the movie for a while.)
I remember a friend telling me about the shish kebabing but dont remember her mentioning neurosurgery aspects.

I remember a friend telling me about the shish kebabing but dont remember her mentioning neurosurgery aspects.
The surgery bit really had nothing to do with the killings, so I'm not surprised.

This is probably not helpful, but I can't resist:

There's a neurosurgery scene in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, subsequent to Chekhov's fall onto a concrete deck.

The greatest neurosurgeon of all time, Dr. Hfuhruhurr as played by Steve Martin, inventor of the cranial screw top method of entry to the brain, is in the greatest film ever made about brain surgery ... The Man with Two Brains.

For something a little less comedic, and only a little less fantastic, try Get Out (2017).

These two were clearly ahead of their time...
The Colossus Of New York (1958)
The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962)

*sigh* now if only someone would truly invent the portable hand-held disintegration-gun that I could use against those damn 24-foot ants I could die happy.....

These two were clearly ahead of their time...
The Colossus Of New York (1958)
The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962)

*sigh* now if only someone would truly invent the portable hand-held disintegration-gun that I could use against those damn 24-foot ants I could die happy.....
Or even just the neck juice that allowed Jan-in-the-Pan to talk without lungs.