WW2 movie from 50s/60s - Hoisting Jeep up a cliff

Tools    

When I was around 7 or 8 years old, I remember watching bits of a WW2 movie with my father. Due to my age at the time, I'm sure it must have been made in the 1950s or 1960s and I'm almost certain it took place in Europe.

The only scene I can remember now is of some troops hoisting a Jeep up a cliff. I realize it's sketchy info, but this movie has been on & off in my mind for several years and I'd just like to know what it was if possible.

Thanks all.

Sounds familiar but sadly like you I can't recall the movie it's in right now (in my head John Wayne is in it but that could easily be one of those false associations) ..... hopefully someone else here will know it straight away and post to tell you but if not here's a webpage about jeeps in movies that lists some films (scroll down to the "Now Playing" bit) which might either jog your memory or help with your quest.

Thanks for the reply Chypmunk. That list is a nice reference. I keep thinking it might have been The Longest Day, but haven't taken the time to watch it again for ages and it doesn't appear in that list anyway. Seems surprising to me, unless they were perhaps using civilian Jeeps. Well, hopefully someone out there will have a more definitive answer.

Bear in mind that webpage is unlikely to be a definitive list. It's also been a while since I've seen The Longest Day myself so sadly I can't even help by stating it's definitely not that one It does have The Duke in so who knows, that may well be it Best of luck with the search.