Rate: The Battle of Algiers

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
10/10

This is a movie I've loved since I was 17, one of my very favorites, wanted to watch it again today, but it's tough to watch, and I didn't want to get real angry... I don't see this movie talked about much, unfortunately, and was wondering what you all thought of it.

If you want to understand terrorism - watch this. It's on YouTube.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
10/10 for me as well. It's in my top 15 movies of all time, maybe top 10 even.

I think it's the best war movie of all time possibly.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
[2]
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
No not yet. I read the synopsis at IMDB and it sounds like a very interesting subject matter. I love history.
Very surprised you haven't seen this classic... I think I have this placed as my #6 all-time. The main actors were the actual players in history!

Here is the Criterion version on YouTube!

Even though I give it a 10/10, I feel the movie still could have been more probably. It feels too short, and that they could have covered more of the war if they were willing to make a 3 hour long movie. instead.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
they could have covered more of the war if they were willing to make a 3 hour long movie. instead.
I think they could've covered the entire war, if they have made a 7 years long movie instead.

Well 7 hours is unusually long but when it comes to historical epic dramas, it's quite common for a lot of them to be 3 hours, and I think that is an acceptable time limit.