Netflix sci-fi alien moon man transforms to monster.

Tools    

Hi all! Yes I'm trying to recall this thing's title so my g/f can see it...

Hero starts off as a prisoner, but escapes in a clunky spaceship and crashlands on a moon large enough to support life, with a girl in a stasis box. The little spaceship has a talking computer in it (bit like Hal in 2001 Space Odyssey) and the hero manages to take it out of the spaceship and give it its own jets so it becomes a hovering R2D2. They're looking for an artefact that turns out to be in a cave full of monsters, which are half alien spider, half alien from 'Alien!' They've got cries that sound a bit howling dog, a bit speeded-up monkey call.

There are other spaceships on this moon but the hero/heroine don't find them fast enough and they fly off, they look like meteors rising upwards, just little white spots (to save effect money, this thing's real low budget.) And the baddie, who's also missed the boats but is convinced the hero has a working one, captures the hero and says he's killed the woman (he hasn't). There's a l-o-o-ng scene where you're cutting between the woman and the R2D2 thng trying to find him and him getting angry enough to turn into one of the monsters they found in the cave-he has to be REALLY angry for the transformation to work.

And it works and you see legs growing out of his back. You don't see the FULL monster because I think they're running low on cash at this point, the filmmakers, but you see legs running and hear the sound effects and your mind kinda takes over and does the rest. And the man-monster kills the baddie and turns back into a human.

Would love to see it again myself, it's very philosophical and very well done considering they had no money much.

Yours hopefully

Chris.

BraedenG33, you are an official genius!!! It's also called Arrowhead. You're great!

BraedenG33, you are an official genius!!! It's also called Arrowhead. You're great!
Thank you, google is wonderful and also where I got my answer. I just typed "netflix sci-fi alien moon man transforms into monster" and it was the first link that was from netflix's website. Glad I could help tho!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Odd I just loaded NF and this was listed under action. After reading the description, I remembered this thread. Glad to see you found it