Blue Valentine

Tools    

Who else thinks this is a great movie?

One of the most realistic romance dramas I've ever seen. Not the fairytale, Sleepless in Seattle like BS movie. A TRUE and HONEST look into the slow deterioratation of a relationship. Both Michelle Williams, and Ryan Gosling were superb (Gosling's best performance imo), as was the overall direction of the movie. I said on a previous thread, I felt it was the best film made in 2010.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
How heavy is it and what is the scene that caused a drama with the audience?

I like that Gosling chooses so much variety.

Between 2010-2012 Gosling had a string of three really high quality films. Blue Valentine, followed by Drive, which is a modern classic... then The Place Beyond the Pines, which was excellent.

Drive was great. Not easy to rewatch but very entertaining.

This might just do nobody any good.
Gosling’s made some interesting additions to his film, from the “womb” scene in Only God Forgives to the baseline test in Blade Runner.

Drive was great. Not easy to rewatch but very entertaining.
I find it extremely rewatchable. It's his best movie imo, which is saying a lot, cause Gosling is almost always in quality movies.

Granted, I'm saying Drive is the best movie but I haven't seen Blade Runner 2049 yet..

I find it extremely rewatchable. It's his best movie imo, which is saying a lot, cause Gosling is almost always in quality movies.

Granted, I'm saying Drive is the best movie but I haven't seen Blade Runner 2049 yet..
I loved the rest of the cast, especially Albert Brooks who took me completely by surprise.

Me too. Brooks played an incredibly ruthless and evil villain, and played it superbly.
Yeah, dont think I had seen him in serious drama before. Very impressed

Me too. Brooks played an incredibly ruthless and evil villain, and played it superbly.
Yeah, dont think I had seen him in serious drama before. Very impressed

Until Drive, I only thought of Albert Brooks for his memorable performance in Broadcast News.

Who else thinks this is a great movie?

One of the most realistic romance dramas I've ever seen. Not the fairytale, Sleepless in Seattle like BS movie. A TRUE and HONEST look into the slow deterioratation of a relationship. Both Michelle Williams, and Ryan Gosling were superb (Gosling's best performance imo), as was the overall direction of the movie. I said on a previous thread, I felt it was the best film made in 2010.
It's in my top 100 movies of all time. It completely broke me the first time I saw it. 2 amazing lead performances.