Haven't been sensing much excitement from the GP about this one. It's kind of sad because this looks to be another one of the special Pixar films. We all know that Pixar's latest movies (apart from Inside Out) didn't quite reach the highs that the studio set for itself. But here are some reasons why Coco might be "the one".

1. It is directed by a Pixar veteran. The disappointing Pixar films that have been released lately were directed by first timers (Good Dinosaur, Brave, Cars 3, Monsters U) Inside Out and Coco are both directed by Pixar veterans, the latter done by Lee Unkrich, director of Toy Story 3.

2. Has been in development since 2011. Most animated movies take long to make, an average of three years. But this one has been in development for 6! Went through many script changes to polish this as much as possible.

3. Early Buzz. I know the trailers haven't blown anyone away, (not even me) but at the wrap party and early screenings in Mexico. Some people have gone as far as saying that this is the most complex story in Pixar's belt. Attendees also talked about how this brings the Pixar tears x100. Someone even exclaimed that he cried for the last 10 minutes.

The Book of LIfe comparisons are very annoying knowing that this movie was in development long before the release of that film. Anyway, I wanted to know your opinions in the forum cause I haven't heard much from you guys. Are you going to watch it? What are your expectations? Are you expecting a return to form for Pixar, or just another "above-average" animated film?

Anyway, I'm going to a screening next week, a month before the U.S release, so I'll probably review it here to see what ends up happening.