The Girl in the Spider's Web

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Claire Foy has been cast as Lisbeth Salander in the upcoming film adaptation of The Girl in the Spider's Web, based on David Lagercrantz's continuation of Stieg Larsson's Millennium saga.

Fede Alvarez will direct the film with a date set for October 19, 2018.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/claire-f...ny-1202170521/

Claire Foy has been cast as Lisbeth Salander in the upcoming film adaptation of The Girl in the Spider's Web, based on David Lagercrantz's continuation of Stieg Larsson's Millennium saga.

Fede Alvarez will direct the film with a date set for October 19, 2018.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/claire-f...ny-1202170521/
Sounds good to me. I think they can do a bit better than Daniel Craig for Blomkvist – Michael Nyqvist was so good in the original films.

This might just do nobody any good.
Is Blomkvist in this? I think I read somewhere his character wasn't a part of this story.

I suppose Craig is out along with Mara and Fincher.

Maybe Viggo would be good.

Can't believe a different writer continued this series. Finchers movie is decent, haven't seen any of the others and only made it through a few chapters of the first book as i thought it was really bad.

Is Blomkvist in this? I think I read somewhere his character wasn't a part of this story.

I suppose Craig is out along with Mara and Fincher.

Maybe Viggo would be good.
Well he's in the book but maybe they've dispensed with him for the screenplay.

Claire Foy seems like some rather odd casting, I don't picture her as Salander at all, Rooney Mara and Noomi Rapace were good choices and close to how I imagined the character in the books. Anyway, will see as she's a good actress, let's see what they do with her. Saying that, I have read the first three original books but yet to read Girl in the Spider's Web, so now all I'm going to picture is Claire Foy...

Very interested indeed with the director this time around though, enjoyed Evil Dead and Don't Breathe.

Sverrir Gudnason, who played Bjorn Borg in Borg vs. McEnroe, has been cast as Mikael Blomkvist.
I read that today and I may have seen him in something else but I can't remember. I wondered whether he was a bit young?

This might just do nobody any good.
Blade Runner 2049’s Sylvia Hoeks was also cast as Lisbeth’s sister and Mindhunter’s Cameron Britton (Kemper) as Lisbeth’s side-kick.

I still wish this was Maslany’s movie.

It's hard to compete against Fincher but I like Fede Alvarez and hope he makes something more pulpy. I will say even though I usually like Rooney Mara a lot, I didn't like her portrayal of Salander. Claire Foy, on the other hand, looks absolutely fantastic in the role.

So I just finished the book today, and nearly everything in the trailer doesn't appear in the book... looks like they have changed and added a lot with the film. Not even the whole scene with the booby trap and the man at the start of the trailer(they have mixed it up a bit and made it more over the top, and it's got a different child in it that the woman carries away and it's like Salander has never met them), nowhere in the book. No Salander diving into a bath during an explosion, no Salander on her motorcycle, no lesbian sequence, no meeting of you know who(will not spoil it for people who haven't read the book), no little girl stepping off a cliff edge or whatever it is, no woman trapped in that black stuff with the air out at the end and so on.

Saying that, it looks like they might have changed it for the better, more interesting. The book wasn't that good, especially compared to the original trilogy/author. Some awful dialogue in the book that's hopefully not used in the film.

He is in the book a lot, so would be very surprised if the character isn't in the film a lot too.

Interesting, just read an interview with the director - they have taken the story of Girl in the Spider's Web and mixed things from the second and third books: Girl Who Played With Fire and Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest books.

Our approach with Jay Basu, my co-writer on this, was like, let’s base the storyline on the main events that happen in the fourth book, but let’s take some of the emotional journeys that she goes through, and even kind of the structure of the plot, the things that happen in two and three. For people who are familiar with the books, they’ll see little moments, they’ll be like, “That’s straight out of the second book, and that moment is more based on the third book. ” So there’s little windows of those books as well. In a way it’s based on two three and four, in a way, but obviously all the characters and all that come from the fourth book.