Apple TV

Tools    

Anyone use Apple TV? Thinking about buying it to stream from my iPad to my TV. Quite expensive though.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

I think it's better to buy Chromecast and connect it to normal TV.
You can stream from your smartphone and it's much cheaper solution

Please note I am sure Chromecast works with Android but not 100% sure about iOS, so I suggest you to get some information before you buy it

Professional horse shoe straightener
What are you streaming? Online videos? Your own content?

You've got red on you!
Hey, Stirchley, I have had an Apple TV for a few years and I love it. I stream stuff on it with Netflix and Hulu, and I also use it for HBOGo and other TV channels that have apps on it. It's also nice to throw stuff from my iPad and iPhone onto the TV like photos and movies from my phone that might not necessarily show as an app on the Apple TV.

Right now I have cable, but I went a few years with just the Apple and I was fine. A lot cheaper in the long run that's for sure!

I think it's better to buy Chromecast and connect it to normal TV.
You can stream from your smartphone and it's much cheaper solution
Donít have a smartphone.

What are you streaming? Online videos? Your own content?
Same as Sylvie does.

Hey, Stirchley, I have had an Apple TV for a few years and I love it. I stream stuff on it with Netflix and Hulu, and I also use it for HBOGo and other TV channels that have apps on it. It's also nice to throw stuff from my iPad and iPhone onto the TV like photos and movies from my phone that might not necessarily show as an app on the Apple TV.

Right now I have cable, but I went a few years with just the Apple and I was fine. A lot cheaper in the long run that's for sure!
Thanks everyone for replying. Most likely will invest in Apple TV later this year. Just for the option of streaming someplace other than on my iPad.