Mortal Kombat 3

Tools    

from IMDB.......................After Liu Kang, Sonya, and Jax defeated the forces of Outworld and prevented its merger with Earth, Shao Kahn exacts his revenge by forming an alliance with the powerful sorcerer Quan Chi. Together, they open a portal to Earth in a bid for ultimate domination. Lord Rayden, now an elder god, becomes dismayed by this horrific turn of events and calls forth the warriors of Mortal Kombat once more. Discovering a loophole in the rules of the tournament, and needing every ounce of help he can get, Rayden summons forth the soul of deceased warrior Johnny Cage and resurrects him so that he may join his fellow fighters and send Shao Kahn and his allies back to hell once and for all.

I find it pretty kool that the new villian is going to be Quan Chi. He brings back memories..............

oops, didnt notice the previous thread, can this be merged? sorry.

Will be good only if they have Christopher Lambert

Never conform, never compromise....
Originally Posted by Rabid_Imp
Will be good only if they have Christopher Lambert

I agree, its just to bad they probably won't.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

I didn't bother going to see the second one because of the casting change from Christopher Lambert, so I have no idea whether MK2 was good or not. I probably won't go and see MK3 either. I'm not normally picky about movies, but something about the sequels to the first one just erk me.

Originally Posted by DarkRainAngel
I didn't bother going to see the second one because of the casting change from Christopher Lambert, so I have no idea whether MK2 was good or not. I probably won't go and see MK3 either. I'm not normally picky about movies, but something about the sequels to the first one just erk me.
MK2 was not of the same entertaining calabre as the first. I watched it in the cinema and thought it was a waste of my money. It was not necessarily a bad film but felt to me a little mish-mash, the plot was veering about too much. It was a case of fitting too many plot devices into a smallish length of time.

Lambert's replacement wasn't all that bad either but is still nothing compared to the more sarkey Christopher. Charactisation was lost for a more action orientated approach with the changing of those actors.

It won't stop me from watching the third incarnation though. I have hopes there will be improvements, it can't be any worse then the second. Besides I like MK too much to miss a potential good film sequel. If it bums like the second at least I could then be certain the series has had its day.

I thought Shao Kahn died at the end of the second movie. After liu kang defeats him some weird dragon bursts out of him and fizzles away into nothing.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I just want to see how they make smoke
never really had a favourite character until they made him