What do you think of Dredd (2012)?

Tools    

Me I love the movie to death am I the only one??
No, I love it as well. Hopefully Karl Urban will agree to do the proposed series.

I liked the 95 one better, armand asante made a seriously threatening villain

Yeah, he was good.

It was pretty good. Would love a sequel but that seems unlikely

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

While Judge Dredd is entertaining in it's own way, there was so much scenery-chewing in that film that it's impossible for me to take any of it seriously. Whenever I think of Assante, I immediately imagine him and Stallone screaming "LAAAW!" at each other. He was a fun villain, but not at all threatening.

While Judge Dredd is entertaining in it's own way, there was so much scenery-chewing in that film that it's impossible for me to take any of it seriously. Whenever I think of Assante, I immediately imagine him and Stallone screaming "LAAAW!" at each other. He was a fun villain, but not at all threatening.
WARNING: spoilers below
I think the prison break is more menacing. Rico flipping the disguised gun and responding to Miller's "And what is the meaning of life?" with "It ends" before shooting him in the throat – thus making Miller the target for the mini guns.

One of the things that stuck out for me in the film was the depiction of how devastating firearms, even smaller ones, had become. Oh, and Diane Lane .

Assante's quite believable as a sort of half-brother to Stallone. I also like him in The Odyssey.