Does Anyone Else Have 'FilmStruck?'

Tools    

I just got it this month, including the Criterion Channel. It's f**king awesome, definitely for a passionate cinephile like myself. Got a watchlist up to 10 feet long comprised of underrated gems, art house films, and a bunch of Films from the Criterion Collection. Lots of Japanese Films and others off shores. I truly adore this. So I was curious, anyone else have it? If so, what films have you suggest I'd check out?
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

What is it exactly? A streaming service?

What is it exactly? A streaming service?
Yes. It's like the underrated arthouse version of Netflix, that's actually good.

Took a look. Seems ok. Might check out the 14 day free trial. Trying not to have too many things going on at the same time though. Hulu, HBO, Netflix, etc., etc. Remember the old days when we just turned on the telly?

Took a look. Seems ok. Might check out the 14 day free trial. Trying not to have too many things going on at the same time though. Hulu, HBO, Netflix, etc., etc. Remember the old days when we just turned on the telly?

"Yes I Do!"

And as for the service, It's for sure an acquired taste aimed at film lovers who have a bleeding passion for the art form. I'm not fully convinced on the website's entire filmography to be your kind of thing, they do have films like; 'The Usual Suspects' and '12 Angry Men.' But everything else is quite the opposite of 'mainstream,' and are mostly known by cinephiles. LOADS of Criterion Collection Films to be found.

I had a subscription to Hulu until they lost the rights to all the Criterion Collection films, and I've been wanting to get FilmStruck ever since, but for the time being I can't justify it. Eventually I will.

If you liked Black Swan, put on The Red Shoes.

I really don't like The Red Shoes much.
@Cobpyth me and Sean are going to watch and discuss these films in August - https://www.movieforums.com/communit...03#post1739603

If you want to join us. Read the first post, it's not a thing like the HOFs that you need to join and stick to, you can come in and out as much as you want just thought i should let you know in case you missed it.

movies can be okay...
I almost watched that today, soon for sure.
I've had it on my watchlist for a long time now, and I almost watched it as well a couple of weeks ago.
Black Swan is definitely there somewhere in my top 10 films of all time, so now I'm more intrigued than ever.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

I just got it this month, including the Criterion Channel. It's f**king awesome, definitely for a passionate cinephile like myself. Got a watchlist up to 10 feet long comprised of underrated gems, art house films, and a bunch of Films from the Criterion Collection. Lots of Japanese Films and others off shores. I truly adore this. So I was curious, anyone else have it? If so, what films have you suggest I'd check out?
I did the two week free trial, watched about two films a night, of the 14 or so I saw about 8 that I would recommend

Putney Swope

Parade

State of Siege

The Confession

Mister Johnson

The Housemaid

A Master Builder

The Red Head

This might just do nobody any good.
I had it for a bit a couple months back and probably because of my old tablet it kept crashing. Got really frustrating but I’ll give it another go sometime soon.

Lots of help on the budding cinephile front. Crossed off Casablanca, Chimes at Midnight and The American Friend off the ol’ watchlist. Next time I’m jumping right in to Bergman and Ozu.

I dont. Netflix and Prime. Love Prime. Dont like Netflix. Another one, just a waste of money coz $171 for TV service (along with Internet and Phone though) does bite into my monthly budget.