Cape Fear (1991)

→ in
Tools    

I posted this elsewhere. Must have gotten lost.
I watched the 1991 remake of Cape Fear yesterday. For those not familiar with the story line it is as follows. Max Cady a recently released rapist stalks and then torments lawyerSam Bowden, who suppressed evidence at his trial, plus his wife Leigh and teenage daughter Danielle. What I liked most about this film, apart from the superb acting by the strong cast, was the building suspence as the psychotic Cady goes from just verballing Bowden to actually threatening he and his family with physical harm for what he sees as 14 years of hell in prison because his lawyer betrayed him. The final scene on the houseboat is one of the most dramatic and suspense filled scenes in movie history in my view. I would glady give this film 4 out of 5.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I saw this film when I lived in Japan. People were crying from fear. I might have done the same thing. I loved this - acting was top notch.

Yes in my view far superior to the original. Robert de Niro was superb as the menacing Max Cady. Jessica Lange as gorgeously talented as ever. Nick Nolte was a much under rated actor in my view. I also gave a young Julliette Lewis top marks for a difficult role. That final scene is something else. When did you live in Japan?

I posted this elsewhere. Must have gotten lost.
I watched the 1991 remake of Cape Fear yesterday. For those not familiar with the story line it is as follows. Max Cady a recently released rapist stalks and then torments Sam Bowden the lawyer, who suppressed evidence at his trial, plus his wife Leigh and teenage daughter Danielle. What I liked most about this film, apart from the superb acting by the strong cast, was the building suspence as the psychotic Cady goes from just verballing Bowden to actually threatening he and his family with physical harm for what he sees as 14 years of hell in prison because his lawyer betrayed him. The final scene on the houseboat is one of the most dramatic and suspense filled scenes in movie history in my view. I would glady give this film 4 out of 5.
I'm always getting lost too spooky!