the body guard (1993)

→ in
Tools    

i am a big fan of kevin costner, his self assured brilliance on screen is second to none, and i enjoyed most of his movies, well this one was very enjoyable to me aswell, although it was bashed by the critics quite heavily,
Why do people trash this movie? It's not high art but it's thoroughly entertaining.
Natural, unaffected and charming. Kevin Costner underplays his role and I enjoyed watching his acting here
The film now seems like a myth to me because the rating across many forums is on the low side, critics hate it and you will be hard pressed to find macho film fans readily about to own up to liking the picture.
have your say

You can't win an argument just by being right!
i am a big fan of kevin costner, his self assured brilliance on screen is second to none, and i enjoyed most of his movies, well this one was very enjoyable to me aswell, although it was bashed by the critics quite heavily,
Why do people trash this movie? It's not high art but it's thoroughly entertaining.
Natural, unaffected and charming. Kevin Costner underplays his role and I enjoyed watching his acting here
The film now seems like a myth to me because the rating across many forums is on the low side, critics hate it and you will be hard pressed to find macho film fans readily about to own up to liking the picture.
have your say

I havent seen it for ages but I really enjoyed it.

have your say
I love this movie, i have it on VHS.

I enjoyed the film very much. It probably was Costner's most well received film, and it made big dough.

To me he's best in roles that portray an unremarkable guy who does interesting or great things. He was good in The Untouchables, and, although slightly miscast, very good in JFK. Nothing comes to mind since then that was particularly noteworthy.

~Doc

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I enjoyed the film very much. It probably was Costner's most well received film, and it made big dough.

To me he's best in roles that portray an unremarkable guy who does interesting or great things. He was good in The Untouchables, and, although slightly miscast, very good in JFK. Nothing comes to mind since then that was particularly noteworthy.

~Doc
I liked the assassin movie he did.

Maybe I missed out on a good movie, but I never had the least desire to see The Bodyguard

~Doc
you should see him in 1987 s no way out with sean young and gene hackman, a great thriller from the 80s

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I've always liked this film. Wouldn't call it a favourite though. Didn't know it was panned by critics, knew Waterworld was panned though and I'll be honest, when i was young 12/13 or so, that movie was awesome so I have fond memories. The body guard though, it's a thriller slash romance, my girlfriend loves it.