Which movie should we talk about on the next podcast?

Tools    

Which movie should we talk about on the May podcast?
8.33%
3 votes
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
30.56%
11 votes
The Thing (1982)
16.67%
6 votes
Le Cercle Rogue
8.33%
3 votes
Mississippi Burning
36.11%
13 votes
Eyes Wide Shut
36 votes. You may not vote on this poll

We're just a couple of weeks away from our next podcast (featuring @False Writer and @Slappydavis!), and we need some help choosing which movie we're going to discuss. Click each poster for a plot description:

Ideally, each person would vote for the one they think they'll most want to discuss when the podcast comes out, but if you want to pick the one you'd just like to most hear us discuss, that works, too. And feel free to explain your choose/advocate for any of them in the thread here, too.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hey Mississippi Burning. I was only thinking about that the other day and decided I need a rewatch because I havent seen it since it cme out.

Nice selection, though. I'll be happy to listen in to any of those.

I've seen the first two and though I liked both, unless I know I have a ton to say about a film I usually prefer to see something new, so I'll vote for something else.

I don't have a clear preference out of the other three, and I've been trying to make myself finally watch Eyes Wide Shut for a long time. I think I'll vote for Mississippi Burning, though, but let's see how the poll turns out.

I was between Mississippi Burning and Eyes Wide Shut. They are both strong message and theme. I voted for
Eyes Wide Shut in the end. There are so many destroyed people who thought it is cool to play with evil.

i love eyes wide shot, its such an atmospheric ride, superb, probably tom cruise can be thought to be miscast here if u guys let me hve my opinion, tom cruise doesn t fit these kinds of movies, do u agree? although he did a good job, but he fits the action movie genre just not this

I think it's awesome that this is getting a public poll Yoda! It's kinda hard for me to vote for one (for obvious reasons) but I voted for Le Cercle Rogue just for the fact that it's the only one I haven't seen yet.

Le Cercle Rouge. It's the only one i've not seen there and Melville's Army of Shadows and Le Samourai are two of my favourite films. So I could finally watch it for the first time around when it comes out and have it fresh in my mind while listening. I'd rank the others by how much i like them like this:

01.The Thing
02.Mississippi Burning
03.Eyes Wide Shut
04.Rogue One

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm sure that The Thing (1982) will win this poll, but most people have already seen it, and it's been discussed to death on this site, so I think it's a waste of the "Movie of the Month".

I thought the point of the "Movie of the Month" was for people to watch an underrated and/or underseen movie, but most of those choices don't really qualify, except maybe Mississippi Burning.

Having said that, I voted for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story because I haven't seen it yet, and I want to, so this might give me the push I need to finally get around to it. (I really have no interest in any of the other movies listed, but I might watch either Le Cercle Rogue or Mississippi Burning if they're the "Movie of the Month".)

I voted Eyes Wide Shut because it's a challenging watch. Too bad Rogue One would get you the biggest audience.

I'm sure that The Thing (1982) will win this poll, but most people have already seen it, and it's been discussed to death on this site, so I think it's a waste of the "Movie of the Month".

I thought the point of the "Movie of the Month" was for people to watch an underrated and/or underseen movie, but most of those choices don't really qualify, except maybe Mississippi Burning.

Having said that, I voted for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story because I haven't seen it yet, and I want to, so this might give me the push I need to finally get around to it. (I really have no interest in any of the other movies listed, but I might watch either Le Cercle Rogue or Mississippi Burning if they're the "Movie of the Month".)
The Thing would be the worst choice there. I think everyone has heard everything about The Thing, any of the others would be more interesting.
Even if it does win, I'm sure there will still be much to discuss! If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a film is worth a million.

I do think it should either be a bunch of well known films or a bunch or lesser known films if you are going to make a poll though. The Thing or a Kubrick film is always going to win there, deliberately or not i think you are basically saying we aren't doing these ones,

To be fair there's a Star Wars film there, but like the last Star Wars film anyone would pick.

Think i'm more invested in this than i thought coz this is all stemming from Le Cercle Rouge's defeat

Is the poll just supposed to gauge opinions or are you going to go for the one that gets the most votes?

There should have been a write-in option, the people want Kazaam.

Is the poll just supposed to gauge opinions or are you going to go for the one that gets the most votes?
I was hoping nobody would ask this.

My unofficial plan was to go with something if it ran away with the vote, but if it was close and I greatly preferred something that was neck-and-neck, to go with that. But I'll wait and see how it turns out.

Actually, that did factor in. We used to do votes with the idea that anyone who voted for something would be really interested in it, but the majority of people who chose something didn't end up discussing it.

I've definitely learned, over the years, that getting groups of people on forums to do things is really difficult. Probably because the whole point of a forum, as opposed to some other medium, is that you can come and go as you please.