Spies in WW2 faking events to mask the cracking of the Enigma code

Tools    

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to identify a movie about a team of allied spies in WW2 tasked with faking events that explain military attacks on Germany, in order to mask the fact they had cracked the Enigma code.

It's not a movie I've seen, I just read the synopsis somewhere recently.

I believe it's either yet to be released, or was released in the last few years.

FYI - It's not The Imitation Game.

It feels like it should be an easy one to track down, but so far Googling hasn't yielded any results.

If someone can tell me what movie this is it would be greatly appreciated.

Others I can think of are...
U-571 (2000) - Awful movie though
Enigma (2001)
Breaking The Code (1996)
Codebreaker (2011)

Thanks for the replies. It's not any of those movies unfortunately though.

The movie, if it's not just something I imagined, definitely focuses on the team of spies faking events part of my description.

In WW2, Operation Mincemeat was a ruse to trick the Germans into thinking a landing was going to happen somewhere else. It came out in 2010, so that might be the one you were thinking of. Operation Mincemeat

I actually came across that story when I was originally trying to track down this movie - it's an interesting read. Unfortunately that's not it either though.

I was sure this was a big budget, well known actors, upcoming or recently released movie - i.e. something that would be reasonably well known and not hard to find. But I'm really starting to wonder if I didnt just imagine it now...

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I remembered a movie which might fit it.

Female Agents (Les femmes de l'ombre) is about French female spies who need to rescue a British geologist who was captured while researching the Normandy landing area.

Thanks for the reply. That's not it either unfortunately.

At this stage I'm inclined to believe it doesn't exist. It's possible I read the synopsis to a book and thought it was a movie, or I never actually read it anywhere and just imagined it based on a combination of things I'd seen and read around the same time.

The system the British used to process the information/radio communications that came from breaking the Enigma machine codes was called Ultra. There is a video that came out in 2014 which is also be re-released in 2018.

Special Operations: Bletchley Park and the Ultra Secret

The Imitation Game?